Looking for First BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jloren9

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking around and so far my two favorites are the Zeagle Stiletto or the Oceanic Excursion. Does anyone have any experience with either that they would like to relate?

Also, any other suggestions of low-profile, back inflate BCDs would be great

Thanks!

I've been looking around and so far my two favorites are the Zeagle Stiletto or the Oceanic Excursion. Does anyone have any experience with either that they would like to relate?

Thanks!

I currently own 2 Zeagles and have owned a Ranger in the past- sold it because it was heavier than I needed. You will not find a better made or better supported BC than a Zeagle. Read this thread and see what I mean. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...s-weight-systems/320162-zeagle-bc-repair.html

See my signature below. :D

:idk: What about your signature.... or do you not know that all Zeagles are back inflates....just like a BP/wing

The Aqua Lung Zuma travel be is nice. I thought is looked like it would not hold up but no problems at all our first mate uses it and being on the boat 5 days a week it gets LOTS of use and abuse. he said it's comfortable also.

Thanks!
If you are set on a low profile back inflate BC I think you should seriously consider a BP/W. I dive a 30lbs Halcyon Eclipse and its as low profile as it gets. The fit is in my opinion a lot nicer and I think the way the tank is held is a lot more solid.

If the price is too steep, look at DTD, Frog, DIR zone. Don't let the DIR/Technical side hold you back, I got mine immediately after I passed OW and its great for recreational diving.

If you are unsure, try both options in the water before spending your hard earned cash. A good BC should last for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom