First BCD: an embarras du choix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did about 20-30 dives before getting my HydrosPro so I was used to different jackets. I really love the HydrosPro beginning with how it packs because I travel for all my diving.

In the backpack that’s a simple and no nonsense bag I can fit the BCD, regs, mask, computer, GoPro and accessory case, snorkel, and still have room to spare in the inside and strap my Nova Seawings on the outside. I could pack it even more if I switched the integrated weight pockets with the travel strap but I love the weight pockets and have the dive knife mounted on one and will soon be mounting my torch to the other one.

In the water it performs flawlessly and after the dive it’s dry instantly. I love how it just sticks to you, in the beginning it was pain to take off in the water because if that but all you have to do is to unclip one of the shoulder straps. It sticks to you so good that there’s no need for a crotch strap or to even clip the chest strap.

A lot of people here bash it and say a BP/W is cheaper but when I was going through the buying process I saw that it was not much more expensive than the BP/W I was interested in. Plus I figured that if I frequently wanted to change from wetsuit to no wetsuit that I would have to mess with the straps in a BP/W; with the Hydros it’s not an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom