Looking for dive shop and dive site recommendations / Ambregris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All - I've got 5 divers headed to San Pedro in early July. Three of the divers in my group will need to rent BC & Computers and are new with 10 dives so I'm looking for a small boat and a shop that is safety conscious. Ramon's was recommended by the house owner, but having heard less than positive reports besides Murphy, I don't really want to risk it.

B&D Belize sounds like a good outfit, but has anyone been diving with Belize Pro Divers? If so, please share your experience.

We were down there in May and used Ecologic Divers. I did a trip report that you should be able to find here.

We were really pleased with them, and will use them again when we return.

All - I've got 5 divers headed to San Pedro in early July. Three of the divers in my group will need to rent BC & Computers and are new with 10 dives so I'm looking for a small boat and a shop that is safety conscious. Ramon's was recommended by the house owner, but having heard less than positive reports besides Murphy, I don't really want to risk it.

B&D Belize sounds like a good outfit, but has anyone been diving with Belize Pro Divers? If so, please share your experience.

I go every year with the family, we are going back in 3 weeks for the annual. I always have and will use Belize pro divers. Very friendly guys, family feel operation, no backchat of ‘douchey’ behaviour from any of the crew. Very safe divers, very respectful of the reef/no touching of the sealife. You can always email emeliano at the dive shop, he responds quickly: Belizeprodive@gmail.com . As I always say, if I had teenage daughters diving alone, I would be happy to send them to the pro dive guys.

This saved me from creating a new thread. My wife and I will be going to Camp Belize w/ Jerry Jeff in a month and needed a rec: or a dive shop. Just emailed ProDive, thanks again!

This saved me from creating a new thread. My wife and I will be going to Camp Belize w/ Jerry Jeff in a month and needed a rec: or a dive shop. Just emailed PorDive, thanks again!

I’ll almost certainly see you there if it’s between the 19th jan and 2nd Feb..

FWIW we just returned from Belize and dove with Island Divers for all the local dives and went with Ramon's for our Blue Hole trip. We were very happy with Island Divers and would dive with them again if and when we ever get back. They include equipment rental which is nice. Unfortunately we had terrible weather for the Blue Hole trip...all day rain with strong winds, so our experience was not that great - a bunch of people getting sick on the boat both on the way out and way back (Including my son), everything getting soaked, etc. Ramon's did what they could given the situation, but in hindsight we wish they would have canceled, and in asking around town with regular divers that was one complaint on them is that they will go out regardless of conditions.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks Minnesota Cricket, I think we're gonna hold off on the blue hole as it's too long on the water with everything else we're going to do. We're going to Turneffe for sure :)
Best,
Chris

Just wanted to jump back in and add my $.02. Went with Ministryofgiraffe's recommendation and went down with Belize Pro Dive. Can't recommend them highly enough. Everything he said about professionalism was spot on. They checked our cert cards, we had to write our DAN numbers on release forms, worked hard so I could get good pics, pushed water between dives so no one got dehydrated and frequently checked with us while under to make sure all was well. A+ operation, plus it was nice to meet a forum member and dive with Ministry several times. Great guy and great recommendation. Can't wait to go back!!!

A+ operation, plus it was nice to meet a forum member and dive with Ministry several times. Great guy and great recommendation. Can't wait to go back!!!
Glad to see you had a good time. A trip report with photos would be much appreciated. :clearmask:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom