looking for dive buddy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broke

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am from Canada but will be in Orlando area (Deland) from the 12th until the 23rd this month, With a side trip to Key Largo for Easter Sunday and Monday. Since my wife does'nt dive and I really would like to do a fair bit of diving, I need to find some people that are willing to go out a few times. I'd like to do a couple of the local springs as well as possibly Daytona, and while in Key Largo we have planned to rent a boat for the day on Monday.That way we can get the most out of the day and possibly get some SW fishing in during surface time. If anyone is interested or available, let me know. Also, is there a good dive facility in Daytona that is reasonably priced to take out to the wrecks? Thanks

Nobody?? I'm hoping to at least find someone in Key Largo. I'll cover the cost of the boat and you can bring 1 or two people. I'm renting a 20' and there will only be my wife,sister-in-law and I. This would be a great opportunity for anyone in the same "boat" as me.:D(being the only diver in my group.) The boats that they have for rent are equipped with GPS and have all of the dive sites already plotted in them.

I hope I'll be able to give you a positive answer but only during weekends, I don't mind the travel, I live in Ft. Lauderdale (I think its 3 hours drive either way).
The problem is that the 22-23 is the oceanfest weekend, maybe that's why you didn't get an answer.

If you don't mind diving with a newbie ofcurse.

Are you diving Nitrox? How deep are you planning to go? I'm limited to 60'. How many tanks?

I won't be using nitrox. I have'nt planned exactely which dives or how many. I was going to wait to see who or if someone could join me, then preplan the dives together. I'd like to get the most out of the day and hopefully start early. I can pick the boat up at 8 and it has to be back by 4. No problem with the newbie part, I'm the same (26dives). Off topic: whats oceanfest weekend?

I wish I could take you up on the Largo trip, sounds like fun.. I'm still mending my wounds or I'd be right there blowing bubbles.. Good luck!

I am down for Ocean fest Its a Blast,missed last years!
You should have fun Rob, but be safe them reefs around the Keys can be darn hard on your motor if you hit one! and you need good maps and good GPS no#s hard to get unless you get a book,or know a local.
If you can stop by Ocean fest its a divers meet!
Dive safe,
Brad

http://www.seadogdiver.com/
That is a link to the website of SeaDogs out of the Daytona area. I have went out with them once before.

The two springs that are close(est) are Blue Springs in Orange City and Alexander Springs in extremely rural Lake County.

scubafool:
and Alexander Springs in extremely rural Lake County.

that means that Scubafool's neighbors jelously guard their pigs and shoot
Yankees on sight

(Yankee = anyone born north of Lake County. Anyone born south of Lake County
too, unless they have kin in Lake County)

H2Andy:
that means that Scubafool's neighbors jelously guard their pigs and shoot
Yankees on sight

Yes, and I hear that in Jacksonville they are even more protective of their sheep.

(Yankee = anyone born north of Lake County. Anyone born south of Lake County
too, unless they have kin in Lake County)

And lawyers regardless of where they were born. Can't ferget them dang lawyers.:10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom