Looking for Dive buddies :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracyN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all, I'm looking for dive buddies. I try to dive at least every weekend if work allows. So far I've mainly been booking tours but that doesn't really allow one to practice any of their skills especially with large groups of people. I need a good buddy to teach me how to be a good buddy. I only have 16 logged dives so far so I"m very much a newbie. I will dive anything as long as it's within my certification limits which is currently AOW. If anyone feels like teaching a newbie the ropes please let me know. I am a very quick learner and won't try to do anything stupid. I'm crazy but not crazy enough to do anything intentional to endanger my life or the life of another. :)

Tracy, You're only about an hour away from Venice [fossil hunting]....It's a good place to dive w/or w/o a 'buddy' and practice 'skills'.....Only 30', no current, no sharks and mid to low viz...And you may find fossil sharks teeth to trade or sell....Fun dive no matter what the skill level.....There are two boats I use...PM me for their No#s.......

Tracy,

Anytime you want to join us, I will be happy to buddy up with you. Michael is an instructor, so many times he is working with a student, so I welcome having someone to dive with. He does small classes and occassionally someone from our meetup group will tag along, but we are a close knit group and since everyone is at different levels we really look out for "newbies" quite well. I think we will diving at the springs (Devils Den and Troy, possibly) the weekend of Oct 1-2nd with a class from Fernandina, if you are interested. Troy is a great place to work on bouyancy skills.

DeAnn

Hey DeAnn,

I will certainly take you up on your offer. Where is Troy? I've never heard of it. What are the times for the dives on the 1st and 2nd? I do think that I will attend the Sheridan Wreck dive this Friday. Are you going to be going to this one?

Tracy

Try Spanish Rocks, Anna Maria, this Saturday AM at 8:30 AM.

Tracy,

Dave, answered the Troy question, it is a great park. Welcome to Florida State Parks

They usually get to Devil's Den around 10-11am, then hit Troy the next day around 8:30-9:00ish. Can call or text me at (352) 316-3504 and I will update you if you want to come. We may have rooms avail at the house, if you want to stay over.

I have to work on Friday, would love to go dive the Sheridan. Just officially met Joe when he came up to the Springs and stayed with us, great guy, you will have a good time. Don't know the other divers going but small group so should be fun, just let em know what you are comfortable with and not. Saw that you like caverns and caves, so I am sure the wreck will be of interest, but if not ready to go that far, DON'T. We are so far planning to come down in November to dive with him after Thanksgiving....who needs to shop Black Friday....lol...when one can DIVE :)

Dave,

Yep, Michael is from there, so works with Kathy quite a bit. They are a great bunch to hang out with :) If ever our way, come on by.

DeAnn

LoL Deann! I agree about the shopping thing unless it's for scuba gear. :D I'm looking forward to the dive tomorrow. I primarily got my AOW so that I could go to the shipwrecks. I will let you know about the dives in October. So far I think I have those days off.

Blue Sky, if you get this message before Saturday can I have more info about this dive?

Tracy

Hi y'all. Looks like you're getting out there. Please let me know what you've got going on in Nov. Would love to be a part of your group.
Thanks!
Scott

Last edited:
What's this about a Black Friday dive? I'd be very interested in joining in. Or on any other fun dives for that matter. Please reply or PM me. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom