Looking for Dive buddies :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelrider, I sent you a private message, we are meeting at Hudson Grotto at 10:30am on that Friday to dive. So far there are 3 of us signed up. If you are interested just let me know, you should have Michael's number from the email I sent you so if need to get in touch can always call or text us. If you need any additional information just let me know.

DeAnn

So, what can you SEE at the Grotto? Is the visibility pretty good? Any fish?

Seee...... There's tanic water.... (At 30-50 ft it's kinda cool to look up and see the tea colored waters with the sun reflecting though. It's like you're diving on another planet.)
There are a couple boats and a VW bus or two on the bottom, which is a night dive at that point b/c absolutely no sun light can penetrate.
algae blooms in the summer/warmer weather... a wall that seems to fall into a desolate abyss.. a few statues is said wall..
Very very few fish, and the occasional curious turtle.
It's in interesting dive to say the least.
For me, Husdon is great for people watching. lol.

Anyone that was interested in joining us for the Black Friday Dive, we decided to wait on Hudson Grotto and instead rent a boat in Crystal River and head over to King's Spring, look for some manatees and just have a good time. If interested, we have one full boat so far (8) and could get another boat if the next group is willing to split the expense ($25/hour), got one person ready to go on the next boat. Need to know by tomorrow if you are interested so send a PM. Got people coming from Tampa, Jacksonville and Gainesville for this so should be fun meeting new people from the different areas.

DeAnn

I'm AOW and I'm looking for dive clubs or buddy's in the Tampa Bay area. I have a real passion for scuba and I hope to meet friends along the way.

Thanks

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom