looking for buddies to dive Nubble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmbaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey gang, this season has been a slow start for a variety of reasons but I live in Portsmouth, NH and I wanted to see if anyone is up for semi regular dives at nubble during the week after work or early in the am.

So far I have 3 from the Maine dive club that may be joining me. There is a possibility of a night dive as a second dive. I don't know your skill level, but this will be a low tide dive probably against the edge of the island out to the N end and back so it'll be pretty safe. We'll just be inspecting nooks and crannies for fish and critters to spy on. Most of the dive will be 20-25'. We'll splash about 6:45, hopefully. If you come, bring a light.

If you're looking for buddies, watch the web sites of the Maine and NH dive clubs [and Scubaboard.] Also you can join up with Don Stevens' [Atlantic Aquasports - N. Rye] crowd for 9am Saturday morning free/guided shore dives to local sites [quite often Nubble - maybe even this coming Saturday because it'll be approaching low tide and this is a good place to go then.]

On Saturday 13 Aug the 2 dive clubs are joining up for a combined annual picnic at Fort Williams/Ship's Cove in Portland. Come to it, bring $35 and join our ranks...........Joe

rats, tonight is not good. have the moth-in-laws birthday to go to ( I need to reset priorities. ). I have my AOW/nitrox certs and am comfortable in the water, diving dry except when in the islands for vacation. nubble at high/low tide is also fine.

Atlantic Aquasport is my local and I do know Don well.

keep me posted on ad hoc requests and thanks for the info on the other clubs.

--Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom