Looking for an operator that caters to divers, not just tourists who dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Mossman,

Aldora divers is a 100% Mexican owned dive operation. I am a naturalized Mexican citizen and my partner Memo Mendoza is native born. In our staff we only have one non Mexican Dive Instructor who speaks better Spanish than do I. But my guess is that those selecting dive ops for the Mexican President place safety and high quality service above Nationalism

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
You can call me Greg, Sr. Dillehay :)

Sorry, I had no idea you were a Mexican citizen. Nada. Not too many naturalize in the southern direction and "Dillehay" didn't sound very Spanish (Dee-yay-high?). Gracias por the correction, y muchos apologies to Sr. Presidente for slighting his patriotism/nationalism/favoritism or any -ism for that matter.

Now when are you going to offer the "Dive with the President" 2-tanker? I'd sign up for that one, even if we couldn't make it to Maracaibo.

:D
What do you expect if you insist on wearing that 10-gallon underwater, your dive booties are armadillo skin, and your BC is secured by a huge brass buckle in the shape of Texas?

don, are you just going to sit back and take this abuse from some guy from socal, were ever the heck that is:D

don, are you just going to sit back and take this abuse from some guy from socal, were ever the heck that is:D
Well, we can't have a duel. We Californians are limited to throwing granola and even I know better than to bring granola to a gun fight. (Though I could blindside him with a brick of tofu, hmmm...)

Well, we can't have a duel. We Californians are limited to throwing granola and even I know better than to bring granola to a gun fight. (Though I could blindside him with a brick of tofu, hmmm...)

Aw, not much to dicker over. It is amusing that so many between Tijuana and San Francisco call themselves SoCal or southern Californian, since they are in Alta California - Lower & Southern California actually being on the peninsula south of San Diego.

If they want to differentiate from those north of San Francisco, I suppose they could accurately call themselves Middle Californians - MidCals...?

As I recall, y'all from "Northern Mexico" were once Mexicans too.

"Bajo" can be translated as "under", therefore "Baja California" means Under California. North, South, and Under. I was born in L.A. at Cedars-Sinai Hospital where most stars have their babies, grew up in Santa Monica and West L.A., did college in San Diego, law school in L.A., and now live an hour east of L.A. in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. Southern Californian fits me just fine, but SoCal avoids the word wrap that spoils the aesthetics of certain other members's "Location" field.

When we sell Texas back to Mexico, they will likely call it "Alta Mexico" which can be translated as Loud Mexico (or High Mexico, take your pick - does "High Mexico High Plains" sound redundant?)

When we sell Texas back to Mexico, they will likely call it "Alta Mexico" which can be translated as Loud Mexico (or High Mexico, take your pick - does "High Mexico High Plains" sound redundant?)

I thought we were selling Arizona back first????:wink:

As for the OP .... it would help to know what you're looking for..... and CV won't say it (and that's a first!!) I will - we both use Scuba with Alison for our diving. I've been going with her for nearly 6 years now, and I think CV has been with her a long time as well. Like he said, you can get you serious diving and some serious jokes all on the same boat! :D

What do you expect if you insist on wearing that 10-gallon underwater, your dive booties are armadillo skin, and your BC is secured by a huge brass buckle in the shape of Texas?

LoL!

Just messin with the Don! Wanted to see if he would catch the pony bottle thing. :)

I think I will go incognito as a tourist next week and attach my snorkel to my mask - black socks with dive booties MAY make an appearance as well!!!!

there are something like 100 ops on coz. it is unlikely any of us tried them all. so we speak from our own experiences.
i have made at least one trip per year since 92. i like to think i know what a good op should be doing because i once worked as a dm for a florida op who did things right. after trying a number of ops on coz i hit aldora and have not tried anyone else since. they earned my loyalty and i like to think of the folks there as friends.
most of the ones i tried and rejected early on are now out of business and imo that is a good thing. of the 90 or so i never tried but have heard good things about are - scuba mau, living underwater, diving with allison, and carribean divers. i have never heard anything bad about the ones suggested so far on this thead.
enjoy coz it really is special.

LoL!

Just messin with the Don! Wanted to see if he would catch the pony bottle thing. :)

I think I will go incognito as a tourist next week and attach my snorkel to my mask - black socks with dive booties MAY make an appearance as well!!!!
:snorkel2: I wear a snorkel, at least as I approach the boat. Since I hand up my pony, then my kit, then my fins, I like it on and in mouth for the last commotions. It folds up in my BC pocket and attaches quickly with velcro.

:eek:fftopic: Right now I am trying to find a fireworks show within 100 miles of Lubbock. None! Need rain. :rain: I guess they don't want one in the Sandhills as there's not enough local business to finance them, and so many people are bad about litter.

I'd get back on subject but we haven't heard what the original poster wants in an Op other than quality, so...
[c]:shortbus:[/c]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom