Looking for Advice on Cozumel Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with a couple of the other folks here: get your own boat. Like it or not, it's drift diving and you're going to have to at least attempt to stay with a group for better or for worse. Seriously? Excess back gas? Not limited in your selection of dive sites? You want to do chest-thumping testosterone, 200ft, 2 hr dives, and max out on the number of dives on one trip, do it on your own WITH a CZM experienced DM. I've BEEN on boats with pony tank people carrying every imaginable gizmo, spear guns, and wearing gloves (a no no as far as I'm concerned). You won't have fun with the "average" dive group and they shouldn't be subjected to your requirements. BTW - Oly5050 - you're missing Carnevale, ya know. ;-)

I am looking for some advice on dive operators in Cozumel.

I will be heading down there for a week in February with a dive buddy, both of us very experienced divers.

Some of the things we are looking for in a boat:

Stuff deleted.

Find another island.

All the diving within the park requires a DM, which means that you're diving on their plan, not yours, and pretty much all your requirements go out the window.

Try Curacao or Bonaire. It's awesome diving (even awesome shore diving) you can dive in whatever manner makes you happy, since there is no requirement that a DM be in the water with you.

flots.

Back
Top Bottom