Looking for a underwater magnifying glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a bunch of folks using these on our last trip.
Rectangle Magnifying Glass

That's the one I use--Harbor Freight Tools. Works great. Glass lens, plastic frame. Drill a hole through the end of the handle for a lanyard or double ender.

I've bought from the dollar store. Worked just fine but had no way to attach a lanyard. So I sprung for the more expensive one at the local medical supplies store.
Agreed.

First thing I did was break the plastic handle off. I just carry the lens around in my bcd pocket.

I have one like that on my pocket as well. Of course, it came from having the frame broken off through treatment more rough than it could handle during gear handling. Regardless, I'm pleased to have it because from time to time, I'll use both to see something particularly tiny.

Also, happy to be in the company here of fellow magnifying glass users. I'm more used to being teased about my glass. That said, similarly to Doc, I've been known to give out some dollar store magnifying glasses and even once my good one to a DM that requested it.

That's the one I use--Harbor Freight Tools. Works great. Glass lens, plastic frame. Drill a hole through the end of the handle for a lanyard or double ender.

Oh them coupons!

HF3.jpg

Hazard-Fraught.jpg

HF4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom