Looking for a small wing for Halcyon BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not understanding why you're looking for something you already have? The DSS step is so nice for single tanks... no bolts, very minimal approach. Bands stay on and in place.

I loaned my buddy my DSS LCD 20 to use with his Halcyon plate. Worked just fine and of course didn't require an STA.

If you get the Oxy 18 it would be interesting to hear how it compares to the DSS 17. I imagine the differences would be very small.

I've got the Oxycheq #18 and it's my favorite single tank wing. It doesn't pack as small as say a Halcyon 30, but it's so nice in the water, very streamlined. I've got pretty broad shoulders, and even at full inflation you can't see it on my back. The only time I'm NOT diving with it is if I'm DM'ing as I want to make sure I've got a bit of extra lift.

Do you need any adaptor to hold a single cylinder with that wing and the halcyon bp?

I am off to Indonesia soon and will have to dive single cylinder OC so I am trying to figure out what might fit given the back plates I have.

Do you need any adaptor to hold a single cylinder with that wing and the halcyon bp?

I am off to Indonesia soon and will have to dive single cylinder OC so I am trying to figure out what might fit given the back plates I have.

I just use my Halcyon STA and it is fine. The wing has slots for cam bands so depending on the BP you may be fine without one.

Back
Top Bottom