Looking for a small wing for Halcyon BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jungho Kim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I currently have the Eclipse 30 for my current rig. I would like to find a much smaller wing, around 18-20lbs of lift. Which wings would work with the Halcyon BP?

cheers, JK

Any of them (that aren't peculiar) probably.

Last edited:
why do you want a much smaller wing? If for travel, keep in mind the weight from the SS cam bands and the STA are going to really negate any benefits of going to a smaller wing. The Eclipse 30 is perfectly find for AL80 tanks and you will see negligible benefit going to anything smaller...

why do you want a much smaller wing? If for travel, keep in mind the weight from the SS cam bands and the STA are going to really negate any benefits of going to a smaller wing. The Eclipse 30 is perfectly find for AL80 tanks and you will see negligible benefit going to anything smaller...

I have a DSS with medium SS BP and 17lb Torus wing. It is fantastic. Looking for something similar with my Halcyon BP.

ahh, yeah the Oxycheq is the only one I can think of that is that small. The Dive Rite Travel wing would work as well. If the slots line up, you may want to get the Oxycheq soft STA as well. Message Cave Adventurers, I think they have the 18lb in stock

I have a couple of the Oxycheq 18# wings, very small and streamlined. That's what my son has on his rig.

I have an Oxycheq #18 on my single-tank set-up. I rarely use it nowadays because I use sidemount; but loan it sometimes to students.

I find it much nicer for diving an AL80 than 30lb+ wings (I've owned x3 Eclipses over the years). Streamlined and very high control over the air bubble for your trim.

DSS is the other alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom