Looking for a recommendation regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan to pick mine up while visiting family over there for that reason--it's great to have family in the right places :)
Just an FYI to consider: if purchased outside the US, you will not be able to register the purchase with Aqualung US, and may have trouble with warranty service if the need arose, and/or with participation in the Free Parts For Life service kit program.

Good to know, thanks.
Also, does this mean I am not covered while traveling, even if I brought my Apeks regulator to a recognized shop?
Edit: I've emailed Apeks support about this, sorry for putting you on the spot...

The price for the XTX50 Reg in the UK is approximately $600, I don't see how it can be considered as "less expensive" than other regulators in the US.

I have been out of diving for a bit.....I had a first generation Atomic T1 and a Mares Ruby. I know what everyone always said about the Ruby....but I loved mine....it breathed effortlessly and never gave me problems.

With that being said I am looking to gear up again. Looking at the Atomic B2 but also considering Dive Rite first and second stage.

Just looking for some good real world opinions on these. I know the Atomic is a very solid performer. Will be doing some cold water, some Nitrox and deep.

Im a cold water diver myself. My preference is the ScubaPro sealed MK17, and I use a G260 second stage. Delivers air like a beast under any condition.

Good to know, thanks.
Also, does this mean I am not covered while traveling, even if I brought my Apeks regulator to a recognized shop?
Edit: I've emailed Apeks support about this, sorry for putting you on the spot...
At that point, you are right to seek guidance from Apeks on international issues. I think that gets tricky.
Doesn't mean you can't get service, but it is warranty work that might get tricky.

But the more I think about it, off the top of my head I can't think of anything warranty related an LDS would be able do while you wait. Warranty claims generally mean a trip back to the vendor for repair or replacement. Aside from Parts For Life, the LDS is would just be troubleshooting, and issues they can fix on site are probably not warranty issues. So if you plan to relocate somewhere on a permanent basis, think about warranty applicability at the new location. If just traveling, I don't think there is anything that would come into play.

I just checked retail on service kits, and someone having an overhaul done today at the 2 year mark using the Free Parts For Life program will save $87 on the kits that are provided for free.

Side note: I always think about when I bought my first Nikon SLR, far more years ago than I would care to mention. It was made very clear to me then that if I bought a camera outside of the US, that I would not be able to access any warranty services within the US.

I've been diving this reg in the tropics lately. Have yet to get it in cold yet.

I would say the difference is barely or not noticable between mtxr and also a xtx200.

But the mtxr is a damn good regulator in my book thou the looks is a hit or miss for different individuals. Me and a few colleagues of mine think it looks cool. A few other thinks it's trying too hard.

And yes. I'm not missing the venturi switch or the control knob because it doesn't really needs one!

I have to chime in as I'm looking at the mtx-r for SM, as the waters near me are running ~6C right now--has anyone here dove these regs and noticed the wob difference at all?

I too would like for someone to share their experience with this reg.

I have been out of diving for a bit.....I had a first generation Atomic T1 and a Mares Ruby. I know what everyone always said about the Ruby....but I loved mine....it breathed effortlessly and never gave me problems.

With that being said I am looking to gear up again. Looking at the Atomic B2 but also considering Dive Rite first and second stage.

Just looking for some good real world opinions on these. I know the Atomic is a very solid performer. Will be doing some cold water, some Nitrox and deep.
A Poseidon Xstream Deep would serve you well. Poseidon will teach you how to service it and sell you the parts you need after finishing the class. Check out the US Nsvy Antarctic Testing.

Back
Top Bottom