Looking for a recommendation regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drdfblackm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been out of diving for a bit.....I had a first generation Atomic T1 and a Mares Ruby. I know what everyone always said about the Ruby....but I loved mine....it breathed effortlessly and never gave me problems.

With that being said I am looking to gear up again. Looking at the Atomic B2 but also considering Dive Rite first and second stage.

Just looking for some good real world opinions on these. I know the Atomic is a very solid performer. Will be doing some cold water, some Nitrox and deep.

I had an Atomic unsealed piston and while it was a great regulator, it was really not meant for cold water diving. I presently have an Dive Rite XT which is sealed diaphragm.I think the coldest I have taken it so far is 40 degrees or may be high 30s but wont mind doing ice dives with it.

Sorry that wasn't clear. Sold all my gear when I was relocating to cover costs.

Coldest will be mid 30s. 200ft/61M would prob be the deepest I would be diving.

Sorry that wasn't clear. Sold all my gear when I was relocating to cover costs.

That is pretty cold and pretty deep. Apeks XTX 50's with DS4 or DST first stage or maybe Deep 6 Signature as a little easier on the budget.

Might look more at the M1 if you want to go atomic

That's actually what I was thinking when I made the first post but most everyone I notice using the B2 now.

I won't be diving cold much or deep much....right now I am going to be doing much more recreational diving, but back when I was big into it I was doing a lot of cold springs and winter dry suit full face mask diving when I was in Indiana.

Don't know if I will actually be doing much cold any more but when I was diving Lake Pleasant recently it was around 50 degrees at 80 feet so you never know. And I say 200 ft....I dove the Thunderbolt in the keys which was 180ft so not sure if I will go deeper than that but I do enjoy diving wrecks so there's that.

That's actually what I was thinking when I made the first post but most everyone I notice using the B2 now.

The reality is they aren't that different of products, other than material make up. The M1 gets a bigger heatsink on the 2nd stage for cold water, but all the atomic sealed first stages have the appropriate EN250 rating for <10c use. Are you planning on ever using >40% 02?

This is very deep and cold within technical diving range, you should be looking at the Atomic M1 regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom