Looking for a pair of fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jae.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm needing to get a pair of my own fins now, as I'm gonna start up diving... I've dived in Egypt previously, when I done my PADI Open Water Cert...

I'm now needing to get a pair of my own, but unsure what ones to get... Gonna need some dive boots too, any one got any recommendations?

PS: I'm in Sydney, Australia...

In my experience there is no fin that is either right or wrong for everybody. Its all about finding the one that is best for you - taking into account comfort, fit and your own kicking style and leg strength. Its also worth thinking about what type of diving you'l be doing. Split fins for example are not generally good for strong currents. Also consider how easy they are to travel with. If you're going to be packing them in and out of dive bags or travelling regularly anything with vents or spring systems will show signs of wear and tear and break in a much shorter time frame than solid fins.

You'l find that most dive stores are affiliated to certain brands in terms of the products they sell, so it is worth checking out a few different stores to make sure you're making the most informed decision. Some retail centres even offer 'try before you buy' on some pieces of equipment.

Most of all it comes down to comfort and personal preferences - but make sure you get what you want rather than what will do, or what saves you a few extra bucks. Remember you will be underwater with whichever fins you choose for a fair amount of time, and you don't want to be distracted by ill fitting and uncomfortable dive gear rather than enjoying your dives.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom