Looking for a new primary light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, am looking at getting a new primary dive light for rec diving. Was looking at BB AL1300 NP but after reading some of the reviews have decided to steer away. Has anyone had any experience with Divepro S26 dive light and Xtar D26 1600 lumens and which of the 2 would be a better pick?

Also open to other recommendations.

I have the divepro d26 for about a year now useing it as my primary light. I like it its solid robust and bright. But... Don't expect to be able to use it on full power. You get 20mins to half an hour before it will bump you down a level to give you more time. However on the second brightest level (1000lm) I got 100mins during a burntest a month or so ago. It's beam angle is a bit wider than a bx2 but it uses a 21700 battery so it'll last longer. It also doesn't have any brightness dip as the better gets low although this is mostly because it will force you into a lower brightness. All in all decent and a great price

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom