Looking for a good frameless masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J.Wal

Registered
Reaction score
I purchased a promate frameless mask from Amazon and while I love the great visibility, it presses agains my brow between my eyebrows when just at 20' deep.

So I was gonna ask yall to recommend any frameless mask to look into. I hope I can get a frameless due to the great visibility, but it has to be comfortable.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Atomic frameless. I have a slightly pronounced brow and had the same issue with many masks. Of course the best mask is the one that fits you personally so any recommendations must be treated with caution. No two faces are the same etc. I went through lots of masks before finding the Atomic. Good luck.

Try equalizing the pressure via your nose.

I tried to make it work, I really did.

Didn't matter unfortunately.

Atomic is my next plan of action.

But I was excited to get the one for $25... Atomic is 5 times that price, but worth it to be able to see

I tried to make it work, I really did.

Didn't matter unfortunately.

Atomic is my next plan of action.

But I was excited to get the one for $25... Atomic is 5 times that price, but worth it to be able to see

Was just about to suggest as evad did but seems you already tried that.

Masks are funny things, price has no meaning at all, it's all about fit. There is little correlation between price and quality in the main. I once bought an Apollo Bio metal mask was close to $300 IIRC and it was the worst mask fit wise I've ever owned, hurt my brow and always leaked. A good fitting mask is priceless. It took years before I came across a mask that fitted and didn't leak, I own two of them of them as am scared they'll stop making them, might buy a third. The Atomic comes in two sizes I bought the medium as have a small face. The other mask I had luck with was the Hollis M1 which fitted despite being a little on the large side. Once you find a mask that is comfortable and doesn't leak buy two. Good luck.

I like the new diverite es150. I have an atomic frameless and it sometimes leaks so far after a week of diving not a leak in the diverite.

I am currently using a ScubaPro Frameless. Not the cheapest, but it fits me the best. The Hollis M4 is another mask that has a good fit for me and was comfortable but I have had two skirts tear under the nose...just seems more fragile than the ScubaPro.

So how much are you willing to spend for a mask that doesn't hurt?

Whatever is needed to get a great field of view, seals and is comfortable, but the point is if I can get all that cheaper then that's great.

---------- Post added June 14th, 2015 at 11:50 PM ----------

May be a better idea. What will give me the best field of view?

Most frameless masks have very wide field of view, the Atomic also gives very good up down view. Fit i.e comfort and no leaking is number one of importance IMO, view a close second and for me price almost irrelevant. In the main, two things ruin dives one of them is being cold and the other having an ill fitting mask that hurts and/or leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom