Looking for a good dive shop in the Indianapolis area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DropkickMurphy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good dive shop around Indianapolis? I just moved down from Michigan was hoping to find an SSI shop, but it looks like I'm forced to choose between PADI shops. Any suggestions as to which shops to use, or more accurately which to avoid?

My primary interest is in places that offer quality training hence why I was wanting to stay with SSI since I originally started my training with PADI and then switched to SSI because of my dissatisfaction with a couple of different PADI operations.

There are a number of shops around Indianapolis. To be honest, the thoroughness and overall quality of your training is heavily dependent on your instructor. I'd recommend either:

Divers' Supply Indy West - Mike Ray, Fred Edwards
Divers' Supply Indy East - Preston Hobbie

I am located on the West side of Indy and usually go to DSI west for fills and other small items. To get most of my gear serviced I have to go to IndyMPH on the Northside. IndyMPH has a much bigger store and more gear to browse, plus they are the only Scubapro and Zeagle dealers in the area. Keep in mind if you are looking at gear over at DSI East, then they will sell in stock items for the same price that they post in their online store, Scuba Gear, Scuba Diving Equipment and Discount Snorkeling from ScubaBasics. I was able to pick up a UK light there for 20 bucks cheaper than the store price by having them do this.

Back
Top Bottom