Looking for a dive site near Pittsburgh NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shipwreckscanada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be camping at Cumberland State Park near Pittsburgh NY at the end of July. Are there any good shore dive sites nearby?

You are right at Lake Champlain. There are a few dive shops in Burlington, VT across the lake. I do not think there are any shops left in Plattsburgh, however, I have not been there recently. They would be the ones to contact about the diving there.

What about the St. Lawrence? Never been there but it's supposed to be good for wrecks, a sunken hospital, and a sunken resturant. A search of the forums should turn up information. As I remember at least some of the dives were shore dives.

What about the St. Lawrence? Never been there but it's supposed to be good for wrecks, a sunken hospital, and a sunken resturant. A search of the forums should turn up information. As I remember at least some of the dives were shore dives.

I live in Montreal, I dive the Saint Lawrence a dozen times a years. If you need some good shore dive sites in the river I can help you there. The thing is I’m camping in Plattsburgh and thought I can add diving as well.

Sorry, didn't notice your location.

suggest you google "diving lake champlain". Turns up much information you can weed out foe your geographic area you are going to be in.

Might also be information through New York Divers Association...

I tried to accurately locate this suggestion from a much older post with the same question. “Go out on Cumberland Head and dive in the bay.”

Lake Champlain Shore Dive

Do you think he’s referring to Cumberland Bay State Park?

Cumberland Bay State Park

Back
Top Bottom