Looking for a custom drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASA400

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys!

Well, I've finally come to the realization that I need a drysuit. Problem is that I just don't fit in an off-the-rack drysuit. When looking at the sizes, I usually end up finding something that will fit my waist and chest, but ends up about 6-8 inches too long in the legs and a couple of inches too long in the arms. Let's just say I'm "short and stout".

So, I really need a custom fitted drysuit. I have two custom fitted wetsuits, but the company I went with for them, does not do drysuits.

I'm looking for suggestions about companies that do custom fitting. One company mentioned in another thread is Seaskin. Looking at their website, they are quite reasonable, maybe too much so. Also they are in the UK which causes some problems with shipping, but not really a big problem. Does anyone have first hand knowledge about their product?

Thanks!

Jerry

Hi guys!

Well, I've finally come to the realization that I need a drysuit. Problem is that I just don't fit in an off-the-rack drysuit. When looking at the sizes, I usually end up finding something that will fit my waist and chest, but ends up about 6-8 inches too long in the legs and a couple of inches too long in the arms. Let's just say I'm "short and stout".

So, I really need a custom fitted drysuit. I have two custom fitted wetsuits, but the company I went with for them, does not do drysuits.

I'm looking for suggestions about companies that do custom fitting. One company mentioned in another thread is Seaskin. Looking at their website, they are quite reasonable, maybe too much so. Also they are in the UK which causes some problems with shipping, but not really a big problem. Does anyone have first hand knowledge about their product?

Thanks!

Jerry

Send a PM to rivers who has one. Seaskin are a reputable company who provide a good suit for the money. The best way to talk to Seaskin is via the phone.

Adjustments and repairs are almost inevitable. I would never set myself up for overseas shipping.

Last edited:
I have a real nice dry suit that was custom fitted for a very short stout diver. If you want to PM me height and weight I will see if this one might work for you. It is a VERY expensive suit that was only used a few times in fresh water and then the guy was told by his doctor he had to give up diving. I bought all his stuff and still have the dry suit with boots and gloves and under garments and the whole works to sell.

Back
Top Bottom