lookin for good peeps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich52

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I have a 19 year old son who I'am trying to get diving more frequently. He is hanging with these boneheads in the neighborhood and I'de like to steer him in another direction. He owns all his own gear( Very high end I might add) and he does enjoy the sport. He would perfer to dive with a group more his own age and I can understand that. Get back to me

Thanks Rich

It might help if you give a more precise idea of where you live. Your location says Florida and we can "assume" you are west coast because it is the Tampa forum, but it would be helpful if people had a better idea of what area you are in.

Also what aspect of diving he is interested in? Wrecks, Spearfishing, Photography, Freshwater, Saltwater, Springs, Rivers? A little diving history would be helpful too.
I know there are some younger members lurking about!

Im a "young" lad.. do I count?? :)

Hi guys and thanks for responding

He is an OW diver but has been involved in salt as well as spring diving. We are in the area of springhill in Hernando co. Myself and my daughter are also divers, myself certified to nitrox and my daughter certified as a rescue diver planning to go divemaster soon. He does dive with us but I think a group more his own age for trips or just daily dives would make it more interesting for him..You know these kids..

By the way heres a rundown of his gear

diverite transpac2 set up for singles

5 mil wetsuit

oceanic veo180

aqualung legend reg

as you can see I had big plans for him in this sport when he started now I just need him to use it

I just started spearfishing at the youthfull age of 57. Might be somthing your son would like. Salmonboy might be able to give him some pointers but his time is limited due to a busy work schedule. You could stop by Suncoast Dive Center and talk to Chad Campbell. He works with several young divers and freedivers and is an expert spearfisher.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom