Longer hose on Primary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBsPC5-.jpg

There you go , Is only the 2nd PC I ever owned, and the first PC that I built

Here is my first post at CMG about my PC and the mods done (I'm now a member of the staff) ...
http://www.casemodgod.com/ftopict-1247.html

The rest of the pic's of my PC , including the way it looked when I started out
http://photobucket.com/albums/v210/DonBeary/

... Oh , and just for fun, click on "Drive" ... for land use only :11:
DB

VERY NICE!

I thought that I was pretty slick at putting together PCs...got started back when overclocking was the rage...but you have put me to shame. Very impressive, Don.

DB, that is very nice indeed

D_B:
Sorry
In my first post of the question I said what gear I had and just thought most people with an opinion of hose length would know what I was talking about when I said I had an Air2 inflator on my BC (It has a built in regulator, so no octo needed) while there are some advantages to that , there are some disadvantages too that you had better understand and train for (one of which is the need to give your primary to your buddy in an OOA) ... so a longer hose would be helpful and would still be a good investment if/when I do get an octo in the future

DB

Sorry DB, I missed you mentioning an AIR2.

I know what a ScubaPro AIR2 is and now understand the gravity of your problem. My bad for not reading that part. It creates some challenges for a few of our guys teaching OOA to new students, as one or two of the guys won't give theirs up. :D

Yup, I guess there's not much of a choice for you then other than a longer hose, unless you add a seperate secondary 2nd stage.

Stephen Ash:
I think this is why D_B is looking for a little longer primary. In his case, if he were to need to share air he would pass off his primary and use the Air2 for himself. (The Air2 is an alterate air inflator, as I'm sure you know.) A standard length primary hose is just too short for this. Thus, his original question.

We haven't conviced him to dump the Air2...not yet, anyways! :D

Hey Stephen.

Yah, I missed him mentioning that he has an AIR2. I feel pretty silly now. LOL! I know a few guys that won't give their AIR2's up yet either. :D

lol , My very first time OOA drill I tried to give my Air2 to the guy that came up to me signaling OOA ... oops ... All taken care of with practice, no problems now , and I make sure that others know what to do with my rig too

Umm , surprised that there's been no comment on what I drive ....
... Oh , and just for fun, click on "Drive" ... for land use only
http://photobucket.com/albums/v210/DonBeary/Drive/

giving you guys one more chance :eyebrow:
DB

D_B:
Umm , surprised that there's been no comment on what I drive ....

giving you guys one more chance :eyebrow:
DB

Uh...DB...that's pretty wierd! I'm starting to worry about ya, now.

dang, DB, is that a Ferret?

is it street legal?

Back
Top Bottom