Longer hose on Primary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that in the "real world," especially tech diving, OOA events are not true out-of-air events, they're "crap, I don't have a useable gas in my hand right now," and occur during gas switches from stage bottles or deco bottles, or when practicing OOA emergencies.

These situations dictate the need to re-stow.

I can promise that a diver who uses the body wrap is ten times more likely to practice OOA drills while underwater than a diver who 'stuffs' the hose into a mass alongside the tank.

Jonnythan, you must not be a very good diver. All the time in your posts you talk of practice practice practice... :D

PerroneFord:
Jonnythan, you must not be a very good diver. All the time in your posts you talk of practice practice practice... :D
Are you saying the best divers are the ones who never [have to] practice? :)

Stephen Ash ... thanks , I llike the idea of the swivel (a well engineered one like KM) on a long hose better than the elbow.
I think that a swivel and running it under my arm is what I will do

I've seen the examples of stowing the hose alongside the tank with a bungy and I'd hardly call it a "wad" but can see that anything that you can't return to It's previous configuration might make you less likly to practice with it, I just don't see it as a great problem with general diving as long as great care is taken with It's routing and you have practiced with It's deployment before ... but look at my number of dives, hardly qualifies me to offer an opinion

DB

jonnythan:
It's red, I swear.

http://chum2.dyndns.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album216&id=DSCN9028

That's what it looked like before it was covered in cave mud... don't mind the glowing red eyes :drejnd:
Oh thank god... you're RAPPELLING!.....

Your avatar looked to me like you'd gotten drunk at your Aunt's wedding and were up on stage with the band shaking your bootie while belting out "Proud Mary" or something horribly off-key...in a pink jumpsuit. :11: I wondered what on earth possessed you to commemorate the moment in your avatar! :D

NOW I got it. Nevermind..... :)

PerroneFord:

Anybody who practices that much, is a buddy of mine... I am sorry, I am not going to trust anybody as my life support who cant supply me with gas in an OOA situation or worse, has his primary stuck in a bungy corded mess along the side of his tank and has not practiced how to get it out and save my life at 100ft, controll his boyancy, relax and end the dive under controll, in site of the boat...

Doc Intrepid:
Oh thank god... you're RAPPELLING!.....

Your avatar looked to me like you'd gotten drunk at your Aunt's wedding and were up on stage with the band shaking your bootie while belting out "Proud Mary" or something horribly off-key...in a pink jumpsuit. :11: I wondered what on earth possessed you to commemorate the moment in your avatar! :D

NOW I got it. Nevermind..... :)
LOL.. perhaps I need to 'fix' my avatar........

Man you guys are picky.

You want air in a OOA *AND* you want to surface near the boat? What the heck do you carry them SMBs, whistles, mirrors, and Dive Alerts for then?

And you want someone who has to practice OOA stuff? Didn't you read the last thread on this?? Self-sufficiency is key. You can't rely on your buddy. He may be off practicing with that cute chic from the dive shop, when you need gas.

You DIR guys are all the same. Always want to dive with good divers. What about us poor guys who were trained on our knees? Don't we count? So what if I stand up on those colorful rocks to give you air when you're running short? You should have worn a HP130 like me then you'd have plenty air left. And maybe if you'd get some modern fins, you wouldn't have to hold them up all the time. If you'd take off all of those bottle and dive with one big tank like the rest of us, you wouldn't have to worry about stowing hoses and such. Black reg in your mouth, yellow goes to the other guy. And all that talk of not wanting BCs with pockets, but then supergluing pockets onto your wetsuit? What's that all about?

:D

...ok, for those who didn't get it, this was all a JOKE. Just trying to have some fun folks. Jonnythan, and people like you, I'd love to dive and learn from you. Hopefully I'll have the chance soon. I'm a coach in real life so the idea of practice is near and dear to me.

cbsaw:
Anybody who practices that much, is a buddy of mine... I am sorry, I am not going to trust anybody as my life support who cant supply me with gas in an OOA situation or worse, has his primary stuck in a bungy corded mess along the side of his tank and has not practiced how to get it out and save my life at 100ft, controll his boyancy, relax and end the dive under controll, in site of the boat...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom