Long term dive trip..where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm so glad I found this thread...Utila looks awesome, my friends and I have been trying to figure out some place to take a senior trip, I think that might take the cake.

I've heard from a very well travelled diving journalist that Utila diving is ****e. And sand flies are the major pain in the arse.
But of course if your goal is sex, booze and cheap parties on an island the size of a shopping mall - Utila is the place to be.

Andy ND, even though I agree with you, did you realize you'd responded to a thread from ten years ago?

Last edited:
Zombies.
They live amongst us.

Chug
Shoots to the head.

night-of-the-living-thread.jpg

Given you are in NZ going to Utila or Cozumel is going to cost you in airfares probably two weeks of diving and accommodation in any of the SEA countries Id look to Indo, Phils, Thailand, Malaysia (Sipidan) for great diving and Cambodia and head down to Snooky for ok diving. You could cover all the airfares to all these countries in the airfare alone to the Caribbean. I would also scratch PNG off your list if the word budget is in your requirements. One week in PNG = 6 weeks in a real budget SEA set up.

Ahhhhhh just saw the comments above re date of this post. DOH!

Still, Wingy, yours is a very good answer!

(Phew, I caught it this time. My phone changed Wingy to Singh. Damn thing doesn't ask me if that's what I want, it just automatically changes words. Been like this since last automatic download from Samsung. <-- how is that supposed to be a good thing? )

LOL Chilly I don't know and that's why I haven't downloaded the update..been getting some really strange autofail messages lately. Amusing no less :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom