How do you usually find people to go on dive trips with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recruited my cousin and paid for half of his OW cert. Now he's constantly wanting to visit SE FL from SC and is ready to book the next year's overseas vacation as soon as we get home from one.

I married one and whose father was an instructor.

Seriously, most LDS run trips. You don't have to be tied to any one of them.

Easiest way for me was to go with dive operators that organise trips with exactly this purpose: for people to connect with other scuba and ocean enthusiasts. A good one is Behind the Mask Travel group trips.

When my LDS used to organize liveaboard trips I went with them. Now I just travel solo.

When my LDS used to organize liveaboard trips I went with them. Now I just travel solo.
Do you travel to other countries solo? All my dive travel is solo (not solo diving, I find buddies or groups) but so far it's always been local. I want to do some real travel but I'm a little nervous about doing that kind of trip alone. And if I go with a non-diving friend, I'll be abandoning them the whole time I'm in the water.

Yes. Liveaboards work out well for solo travelers. You've met everybody on the boat by dinner of the first day and you can either hang with a particular person or group or just do your own thing and follow the DM on the dives. Even if the surrounding area is a little sketchy, you're either at the airport, in a cab to/from the dock, or on the boat.

Yes. Liveaboards work out well for solo travelers. You've met everybody on the boat by dinner of the first day and you can either hang with a particular person or group or just do your own thing and follow the DM on the dives. Even if the surrounding area is a little sketchy, you're either at the airport, in a cab to the dock, or on the boat.
Oh, a liveaboard, that makes sense.

Oh, a liveaboard, that makes sense.
Also any dedicated dive resort is likely to have plenty of other singles, and scheduled/arranged outings parties etc. presenting lots of opportunities to meet and bond with other guests.

Easiest way for me was to go with dive operators that organise trips with exactly this purpose: for people to connect with other scuba and ocean enthusiasts. A good one is Behind the Mask Travel group trips.
I am honestly surprised there is not a more formalized networking platform for divers. You would think with 6 million divers globally there would be a more centralized way of connecting likeminded divers rather than going directly to a LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom