Long hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're the first person to mention DIR in this thread... I can't imagine why though.

I'd still like to hear your reasons for getting the long hose in between the wing and tank, as well as exactly which class you'd like me to take. You can answer in PM if your'e not comfortable stating those reasons publicly.

jonnythan:
You're the first person to mention DIR in this thread... I can't imagine why though.

I'd still like to hear your reasons for getting the long hose in between the wing and tank, as well as exactly which class you'd like me to take. You can answer in PM if your'e not comfortable stating those reasons publicly.
I'm not here to teach, and I'm not here to arGUE ( pun on GUE) The class I'm referring to is any tech class. they will cover all hose routing, and the reason behind it.

novadiver:
I'm not here to teach, and I'm not here to arGUE ( pun on GUE) The class I'm referring to is any tech class. they will cover all hose routing, and the reason behind it.
I didn't realize you needed to be a tech diver or take tech classes to dive a Hogarthian rig.

Still waiting on those reasons...

jonnythan:
I didn't realize you needed to be a tech diver or take tech classes to dive a Hogarthian rig.

Still waiting on those reasons...
REASON NUMBER ONE. IT COULD KILL YOU.
REASON NUMBER TWO. IT"S JUST PLAIN WRONG

novadiver:
REASON NUMBER ONE. IT COULD KILL YOU.
REASON NUMBER TWO. IT"S JUST PLAIN WRONG
Thank you.

I would assume those following can compare my reasons, your reasons, and their own reasoning to come up with a sensible answer to the original query. Assuming these are the reasons you told to the original poster, I would imagine such a decision wouldn't take long.

jonnythan:
Thank you.

I would assume those following can compare my reasons, your reasons, and their own reasoning to come up with a sensible answer to the original query. Assuming these are the reasons you told to the original poster, I would imagine such a decision wouldn't take long.
Jonny, please post a link to the GUE website on the subject. and no I gave saying the correct info because he's a good diver and he's helped me out in the past

I still don't know what this has to do with GUE. I would hope that no one would do something simply because that's the way some training agency says it should be done.

I'm speaking in my own experience, where my own hose lies, where it naturally goes when I re-stow after an air share, and what makes sense to me. I stated my reasons, which you or anyone can feel free to counter.

Somehow I don't think "IT"S JUST PLAIN WRONG" counts as a valid counter-argument.

Jonny... stowing it between tank and wing is DIR. The wing holds the hose against the tank out of the way until deployment.

Folks please forgive me for mentioning DIR in the Hog forum... but it was... the only way.

Having known there were going to be points both ways, perhaps I should have made this a poll. I was just sort of interested in hearing the different arguments, not necessarily the "right" way and the "wrong" way.

I have been routing it the way nova suggests just because it sort of seemed right to me (though I couldn't have really told you why... just did). I was just wondering what the alternative reasoning was.

Sheesh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom