Long Hose in public

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!! This is an awesome thread... Snowbear's response to all the crap and then, out of the blue, Tom's response... this is why I keep coming back!

Seriously RTodd, I've been one of your victims at a point or two. You, like many people I dive with, have the right attitude under the water - so I would dive with you! (Now who has the ego?) The above surface techniques could, well; maybe GI3 could make a DIR ambassador 1 course for you.

If you can weed out the ego, there is good solid info. If you're a newbie, it's hard to distinguish the right information within attitude. It would be easy to follow the non-DIR/less attitude philosophy. You guys decide, I'm going diving.

mrobinson:
LOL!! This is an awesome thread... Snowbear's response to all the crap and then, out of the blue, Tom's response... this is why I keep coming back!
Yes it seems to have taken on a life of its own.... Probably the professional way this thought provoking question was asked. :D

Vie:
Theoretically, DIR divers do not dive with a "random buddy." In reality, I have been diving for three years with the long hose (even before I had any DIR training) and have never been questioned on a dive boat. In fact, most of the questions were directed towards my X-shorts, i.e. “why do you wear those stupid looking shorts ON TOP of your wetsuit?” Bear in mind also that the long hose is not a GUE/DIR invention (nor is the use of the long hose exclusive to “DIR” divers) and has been the norm for many divers for decades.

Theoretically? Heck, the DIR guys here won't let me on the boat!!! I asked why and was told its a "safety issue". They don't let anyone on the boat who isn't DIR certified. I guess what he meant was if your not DIR ceritified your not safe in the water?

My "opinion" of DIR sure changed on that day....

narcT:
Theoretically? Heck, the DIR guys here won't let me on the boat!!!
Where is "here"?

narcT:
Theoretically? Heck, the DIR guys here won't let me on the boat!!! I asked why and was told its a "safety issue". They don't let anyone on the boat who isn't DIR certified. I guess what he meant was if your not DIR ceritified your not safe in the water?

My "opinion" of DIR sure changed on that day....
Maybe there were too many people on the boat.

and What is DIR Certified?

someone who has passed Fundies?

lord1234:
someone who has passed Fundies?

No. That would be GUE-certified. DIR is not a cert. It's a holistic approach to diving. GUE trains according to that approach, as do some non-GUE instructors as well.

-Roman.

JeffG:
Maybe there were too many people on the boat.

and What is DIR Certified?

I don't know, I was thinking of ordering the DVD's which describe the "immensely popular DIR system of diving". If its popular it must be good...look at J Lo (haha).

"DIR 2004 is a three disk set including more than 8 hours of DIR information directly from the source. Jarrod Jablonski and George Irvine provide a highly informative explanation of their immensely popular DIR system of diving. Enjoy a detailed account of equipment and configuration together with hours of interviews and invaluable diving information together with remarkable footage from their world record cave dive in Wakulla Springs.

3-DVD set, approximately 8 hours
NTSC video
Price: $59.95 + Shipping & Handling
ORDER NOW!

narcT:
I don't know, I was thinking of ordering the DVD's which describe the "immensely popular DIR system of diving". If its popular it must be good...look at J Lo (haha).

"DIR 2004 is a three disk set including more than 8 hours of DIR information directly from the source. Jarrod Jablonski and George Irvine provide a highly informative explanation of their immensely popular DIR system of diving. Enjoy a detailed account of equipment and configuration together with hours of interviews and invaluable diving information together with remarkable footage from their world record cave dive in Wakulla Springs.

NTSC video
ORDER NOW!
I haven't seen the video, but you may want to review this thread before you spend the dough!

narcT:

NTSC video
ORDER NOW!
Did you get that chip on your shoulder before or after. If it was before, no wonder that thay rule #1 you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom