Long, Hard, but Rewarding Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait once bubbled...
Geek,

Don't give these nay sayers who whine and worry the time of day. Especially the ones that make long advisory posts and don't have the guts to post any credential info in their profile.

Talk about bushwhacking!! You'll make a damn good DM and an even better instructor someday.

Nice guy.

Here's what I'm referring to, just so I have some credentials.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28659

How do I list 'witnessed death during an Advanced class' in my profile? Is there some certifying agency? Should I have taken some snapshots at the viewing?

I know the shop, I know the instructor, and I know the family that this happened to. The reality is that it really wasn't anyones fault. The fact that that same situation could happen to me gives me pause and is worth mentioning, which is why I did. It's certainly a consideration, no matter how slight, in deciding to lead other people into a potentially life-threatening situation. As I've said, this is my decision, and I don't recommend everyone make the same, only that they consider the bad with the good. Whatever, I doubt you read all of what I posted, just a line or two before you leapt for the keyboard, perhaps less than that.

There's no argument here between anyone who's posted previously - just an exchange of ideas and some advice. At least in my mind, that's the purpose of the board. Let me know how you feel we should all use it...

Anything else you'd like to see listed in my profile? Perhaps with a picture, I would be more trustworthy in your mind. Let me know, I'm waiting with baited breath.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom