Long deco "incident" last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was the dive profile?

I know it is easy to rack up minutes at off shore NC wrecks, but that is like, wow.

Despite the obvious questions on how do you get a 26 min deco obligation on a single tank of air under 130ft, I would say that new gear or not if you are familiar with the tables and normal dive schedules then it would seem that going into Deco by surprise would not be common.
I suppose you are satisfied with your response to the situation and I guess if it turned out ok and no one went to the chamber then all is well.
seems to me that people rely on computers a bit to their own detriment. And to rely on a computer that you did not know how to read would be just like diving without one at all. There must be more to this story or else it is just a troll.

More importantly, what was the dive plan and how were you keeping track of it? What was your backup for time and depth? At what point in the dive did you become separated? What was your computer saying if his was showing 26 min of deco? What was your gas plan and when did you reach the turn pressure and at what depth? What backup tables were you using should the computer have died?

How could you possibly do that on one tank and not need back-up air at the deco stop?

Question - how did your buddy wind up with a 26 deco obligation but you did not?

Most computers have an altitude and personal pref. setting. Once my wife forgot to change the altitude setting while I did not. She ended up with 15 minutes of deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom