Logging dives as a safety diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive at least once a month as a recreational dive but for instance a dive master it is required to have 40 logged dives if I am counting just purely my recreational dives than 40 takes a while if I am able to include my work dives well diving 5 days a week adds up quick.

Diving once a month will add up as well, especially if it's year round.

I believe the real conversation should be about the need to stack up certs in a hurry. There is an advantage to gaining experience as well as training. Patience is is your friend diving.

Reactions: Doc
As far as other certs I’m talking along the lines of things like…….. dive master, instructor.

I would evaluate your skills and give good consideration to your desire, quite possibly accepting you in that process.

As far as other certs I’m talking along the lines of things like public safety diver, dive master, instructor.

E9652448-6EF2-46A6-875A-258FDBD28D76.jpeg

Way, way different story. I taught PSD before there were cert cards for it, long before it was called PSD. My advice stands- go do some diving.

For no particularly good reason, late in my life, i pursued additional Agency’s cents in the “pro” level. I perfunctorily handed the CD a log book and he causally flipped through it. In that latest volume a great number of them were “tank dives” as I was teaching Nuclear Jump Diving protocols. If you can walk the walk, no one should really shiv a git.

Go diving.

I mark only 15/10 dives.
Only dove in one 15' pool in the last 10 years.
Deeper then 15 feet and longer then 10mins.
YMMV

then short answer is no. your pool training is very useful but would not count as dives. so if you are looking at taking a course that requires 50 dives as a prerequisite for example, your pool time does not count.

but as others have said, if you want to track your time in the pool for your own reasons that is great.

i am not familiar with other agencies but can tell you ssi dives must be open water dives (not confined water or pool) and must be at least 15 feet for 15 minutes.

some courses will also give you a minimum dive # requirement along with a minimum time requirement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom