loggerhead eating camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MantaRey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
here's still of a 1 year old loggerhead trying to take a piece out of my remote cam. they have quite a bite!

it was taken at a local turtle hospital.

how do I post more than one picture on a post?

Look at the top of the page. There is a thread on how to post your photos.

He must've really taken a shine to you!

I had a large male green turtle stalking me off Lady Musgrave Island off the Coast of Queensland..

At one stage I was just turning in circles following him with my video camera for about 4 minutes as he just kept circling me... It was just before mating season so I think his calendar was a couple days off... :1st: and I don't think I was really his type!!

Cheers
Katt

Dee once bubbled...
Look at the top of the page. There is a thread on how to post your photos.

Hi Dee --
Is there someplace that gives info on how to "down -res" photos so that you can post them? I took a bunch of shots with my Oly s-50 and downloaded onto my computer, but when I tried to send a post with one attached, I got a message that the file was too large. Do others have this problem and, if so, how do they get around it?

Thanks

Seth

There's too many programs and ways to do it!

You'll need one of the manipulation programs. Did you get Camedia with your Olympus? You can resize it there. I can't tell you exactly how because the different versions of Camedia work differently.

I usually have a hard time keeping my subjects in the frame. It looks like you had the opposite problem there. Cool shot!

Guys, here is a good photo program, Irfanview One of the other various forums I visit has a 100k limit on .jpg's and this works.

MantaRey once bubbled...
here's still of a 1 year old loggerhead trying to take a piece out of my remote cam. they have quite a bite!

when i dived in Jamaica, the captain and the dive guide told us a story:

they said that turtle meat is strong (not too sure what they meant) and if you chopped of the head and left it, next day you could put a screwdriver in its mouth and the jaw would clamp shut.

any way years ago when you were allowed to spear fish in Jamaica this guy speared a big turtle, and held it to his body to bring up to the surface.

for some reason he held it upside down and this thing bit his meat off but left the two veg :wacko: .

apparently he has some sort of tubs or colostomy now.

certainly made us laugh, our stomachs were aching as it was the way they were telling it as well. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom