Logbook Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking into buying logbook software. I have seen the websites for Reef Net and SeaWolf. Does anyone, who has used either package, have any comments? Are there any other logbook packages out there that are better than the two mentioned?

I am looking for a software package that is a log book, but can give me reports on types of dives etc. I wouldn't mind an inventory list. If there are instructor options available that is fine as well, although I don't know that I would use the options.

...a representative for the company, I can't say enough about the RuizLog for the Palm platform. Quite good -- and nicely priced.

http://www.ruizlog.com

gfe

Curly once bubbled...
...a representative for the company, I can't say enough about the RuizLog for the Palm platform. Quite good -- and nicely priced.

http://www.ruizlog.com

gfe

I liked the RuizLog trial version but after paying for the program, I never received the key. I sent quite a few emails and never got a respose. I just wrote it off as a bad decision....but I did like the program!

I use the Internet Dive Log. It's easy to use offline and just sync it when you log on. There's areas for trip reports, information about destinations, gear records, etc. Several of the most popular computers can be downloaded into it, as can the Citizen Hyper-Aqualand watch. There's a trial download on the website.

I also like the Internet Dive Log. I like the statistical data that it tracks as well as being able to add pictures and all sorts of information. It is quite thorough in its design. I don't plan on uploading any of my logs to their server so I don't need all the internet bells & whistles, but its an option you can chose in the fully registered version.

The trial version only holds 20 dives. As soon as they come out with a version 1.0 I'm going to purchase it :)

I use the ReefNet Divemaster 2 and really like it. For me it has everything that I need to log my dives, and keeps track of them very well. I can access old dives by date, dive partners, dive sites, etc. And the price was very good. If I remember correctly it was under $30. Hope this has been of some help.

I saw something at DEMA this year - for lack of a better description is sort of a "black Box" for divers. It records depth, time, pressure, I believe gas consumption, etc. I believe it enables a complete moment by moment dive profile.

For me (and likely a lot of us) having a ticker of the dive is way over the top. I get in, I get out, I hit the log book with my stats. But for training, for exploration, and for some of the times in a dive where something went really wrong (or maybe really great) I would think it'd be a good add.

If I remember, it sort of clipped onto a port on the first stage - sort of like the transmitter for my Data Trans.

It would surely make for some interesting log entries and dive profile graphics...

k

Dee once bubbled...
I liked the RuizLog trial version but after paying for the program, I never received the key. I sent quite a few emails and never got a respose. I just wrote it off as a bad decision....but I did like the program!

Too bad -- I always found him to be very responsive. Wrote personalized e-mails to those who downloaded, and sent follow-ups to queries. Must've been a fluke. I've been very pleased with the Ruiz Log AND the service.

But this Internet Dive Log is also quite useful. I just loved the idea of being able to leverage my Palm OS device for another (read: more fun/not work-related) purpose.

Cheers!

gfe

I use Dive Tracker. It has several great features and will print out blank dive logs for you to fill in. Really nice looking printed pages for your log and several reports to choose from. Gives you 15 dives to decide if you like it or not, $30 to buy it.

Internet Dive Log and the software the comes with the Suunto PC interface.

Both work well and will download the dive computer right into the program. The IDL is a much more robust program and like some of the others have already said it can store all sorts of dive information from the standard required info to the dive location complete with reviews and photos.

Dee once bubbled...

Hmm, I just checked it out after reading Curly's post, and it does seem like quite a good program. I did email the author inquiring about a Suunto interface, and got a reply back within a couple of hours. (Yes, there is a Suunto interface in the works, but he didn't give an ETA).

I use
Aqua Divelog for Palm, which has plug-ins for most popular computers, and a one-way sync to produce a HTML logbook.

It's a good program, but I tend to prefer using a PC app, that I can print from and store a nice-looking hard copy. So at the moment I use Suunto Dive Log, then export my dives, and with a few macros and what not, pull them into a Word template to print them off in pretty colours. On the back of the sheet go some photos (if I took my camera), and then the page goes into my pocket-sized zippered binder.

Back
Top Bottom