Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rajadiver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey, I am new in this community. I have one query about SSI logbook. I am using ssi website to log my dive. I have seen there is an option for importing the logbook from Garmin Connect. I am trying to import these dives from my Garmin account from activities but it is showing no data to import. Whereas I have done 2 dives today only Garmin watch and it is recorded in Garmin account as well. Please help me if someone uses this functionality earlier. My dives are not importing from garmin to ssi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230302_073024_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302_073024_Chrome.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 158
You don’t use the SSI app on your phone? Pretty sure you can use Bluetooth to transfer all data to the app.

I hope SSI has expanded the list of supported computers. It has always been limited to only Mares computers that they supported for non-manual input.
That has been a main reason for me not to use SSI app for logging dives.

Hey, I am new in this community. I have one query about SSI logbook. I am using ssi website to log my dive. I have seen there is an option for importing the logbook from Garmin Connect. I am trying to import these dives from my Garmin account from activities but it is showing no data to import. Whereas I have done 2 dives today only Garmin watch and it is recorded in Garmin account as well. Please help me if someone uses this functionality earlier. My dives are not importing from garmin to ssi.
Strange. It worked for me when I stumbled on it. I recall I had to enable the Beta access, then enter my credentials. It then gave me a list of dives to import.

One thing, I do recall, though. Each dive needed to have a location entered. It also needed to be a location that SSI recognized. Sometimes the GPS made a recommendation that would work, in other cases, I had to choose a somewhat generic location.
You don’t use the SSI app on your phone? Pretty sure you can use Bluetooth to transfer all data to the app.
I doubt that will work. Garmin really only allows transfer via Bluetooth to Garmin apps. They allow importing via the FIT files into other sources, such as SSI app, Subsurface, etc.

I doubt that will work. Garmin really only allows transfer via Bluetooth to Garmin apps. They allow importing via the FIT files into other sources, such as SSI app, Subsurface, etc.
Subsurface can import directly from a Garmin using the USB charge cable.

Subsurface can import directly from a Garmin using the USB charge cable.
You are right. Technically. I should have clarified. No Bluetooth transfer, you can either use the cable or FIT.

In my case, the cable didn't work well. Not sure what, but appears that something on my Mac was grabbing the Descent before Subsurface could and prevented it. My MacBook at home is pretty old, and probably due for replacement, so that could have been part of the issue. It consistently would not work.

FIT file did work, though.

You are right. Technically. I should have clarified. No Bluetooth transfer, you can either use the cable or FIT.

In my case, the cable didn't work well. Not sure what, but appears that something on my Mac was grabbing the Descent before Subsurface could and prevented it. My MacBook at home is pretty old, and probably due for replacement, so that could have been part of the issue. It consistently would not work.

FIT file did work, though.
I use Linux. The first time the OS tried to access the Garmin as USB thumb drive and locked out Subsurface. After I disabled accessing it as a thumb drive, it has worked perfectly every time.

I use Linux. The first time the OS tried to access the Garmin as USB thumb drive and locked out Subsurface. After I disabled accessing it as a thumb drive, it has worked perfectly every time.
Hmm. I may play around with it a bit more. Mine definitely does not show up as a thumb drive on the Mac. Garmin Express has no trouble connecting to it for updates, and I can't see any other applications accessing it before Subsurface attempts. I'll have to look and see if there might be a background application, possibly linked to GE, accessing it before Subsurface can.

...Mine definitely does not show up as a thumb drive on the Mac. Garmin Express has no trouble connecting to it for updates...
I would expect if Garmin Express worked that the issue is something other than mine was with Linux.

Try force quitting Garmin Connect. Maybe it is doing the grabbing. Also try quitting android access apps e.g. Android File Transfer if they are running.
Hmm. I may play around with it a bit more. Mine definitely does not show up as a thumb drive on the Mac. Garmin Express has no trouble connecting to it for updates, and I can't see any other applications accessing it before Subsurface attempts. I'll have to look and see if there might be a background application, possibly linked to GE, accessing it before Subsurface can.

Back
Top Bottom