Log Book Pages in Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
After downloading a couple of the dive logs people have posted to the forum, I modified the format and put it into excel. The form will auto calculate the air pressure used and the RNT+ ABT. I would like it to calculate the Total Dive Time to Date but I haven't worked out the calc for that yet. Feel free to use and modify.

JS. They look nice.

To do what you want, with the slick interface I would suggest Access instead of Excel. I may play around with it if I have time (I'm no Access guy though). You can create "forms" that would put the data in "tables". From there you can run queries on the data in the tables. Things like "Total Dives in water between 45 and 55F" or "Total dives at quarry 1". Once you get the data in the tables, you can do lots of cool stuff with it. Anybody already have / seen / know of such a beast so the wheel doesn't havfe to be reinvented?

Rhad

Check out DiveRecord.com. It reports on your logged dives in the way you're interested in.

Click on a sample log, and then hit the navigation links on the left of the screen. It categorizes your dives.

Calculating Total Dive Time to Date is a *****, but it can be done. I've worked it out, but it's not pretty. There has to be a better method. PM your e-mail address to me and I'll send you what I've worked out.

rhadamanthus:
JS. They look nice.

To do what you want, with the slick interface I would suggest Access instead of Excel. I may play around with it if I have time (I'm no Access guy though). You can create "forms" that would put the data in "tables". From there you can run queries on the data in the tables. Things like "Total Dives in water between 45 and 55F" or "Total dives at quarry 1". Once you get the data in the tables, you can do lots of cool stuff with it. Anybody already have / seen / know of such a beast so the wheel doesn't havfe to be reinvented?

Rhad

Rhad,
I like your idea. I can do some things in Access but sadly building forms isn't one of them. With a small bit of work I think the data could be inported from the excel spread sheet into acess to accomplish the query possiblities though. If I had the time I could build a web interface for the form to dump the data in Access since I have done this kind of thing before.

jstuart1:
Rhad,
I like your idea. I can do some things in Access but sadly building forms isn't one of them. With a small bit of work I think the data could be inported from the excel spread sheet into acess to accomplish the query possiblities though. If I had the time I could build a web interface for the form to dump the data in Access since I have done this kind of thing before.

I think that the form part is the easiest part of the database. Once the tables are setup I think you can just use the form wizard. It is just the device for getting the data in. You can them make them as fancy or simple as you like.

With that said, I think you can D/L DataTrack for free from the Uwatec site. Though it is lacking in some areas, it will give you total dive time and some other neat statistics...

Rhad

I modified the excel file to calculate the new total dive time. I also have it set up to print 2 logs per sheet and if you have a double sided capable printer you can print 2 logs on each side and cut the sheet in half for a smaller log book.

Here is a Log I just started working on....Any Access gurues out there??
Let me know what you all think and feel free to change any/everything!!
Does anyone know how to have a button that saves the log and clears it
for another entry?
After spending 3 hours building a web page and then this for
a couple more, I am spent!!

When you open it go to FORMS, Then dive log. It will allow you to enter the info but not save and then add another.....Saw the post took a shot..

Once again I would like your feed back..I get past that small save and clear issue
and I can add anything anyone would like.

Thanks,
Coz

Thanks Coz,
I'll take a look at it in the morning. Thanks for the work you put into it in advance.

Judy

To add a Record command button:
1) Design View on the form
2) Select Command Button on from the Toolbox and add the command button to the form. Once placed, the "Command Button Wizard" will pop-up and you can configure the command button to do what you want.
3) In the "Command Button Wizard", select Category: Record Operation and Action: Add New Record. Select

Continued in the next post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom