Question Import dive log from .cvs file into Subsurface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheizz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm trying to import a .csv file with my old logged dives into Subsurface. It all goes well, except for one thing.

The duration of the dive shows only as "1" or as "0" in Subsurface after I have imported the dives. I've tried every possible format, i.e. "54" [text], "00:54", "54" [number], "54.0" to represent a 54-minute dive.

Which format should I use to get it imported and shown correctly in Subsurface? Am I missing something?

Here's a snapshot of the relevant fields in the .csv (opened in Microsoft Excel). We're talking about the value in column M.
Schermafbeelding 2023-01-11 om 15.52.54.png

PS: I'm not sure in which (sub)forum to put this question.

I had something similar happen when I transferred some older dives on paper/excel into Subsurface. I can't recall the exact settings, but if I remember correctly I had to specify the unit of measure when I was mapping the fields in the file to the fields in Subsurface.

From what you are describing it sounds like Subsurface is thinking that field is hours, when it's actually minutes.

Like I said, I don't recall the exact settings I had to use, but it took a few tries to get it to show right.

Use 54:00 for 54 minutes. I suspect you'd need 65:00 for 65 minutes.

Reactions: xan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom