Lodging near Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate that this was your experience, and I can't contradict it. But, mine has been different. I have stayed there a number of times. Yes, the rooms are 'mature' but the A/C works and the price is right. I don't notice the noise at all, don't mind the aroma of curry. We frequently sit outside at the tables to eat (and enjoy some adult beverages) at the end of a long day. Now, I only go to the area in the Oct - May time frame so it may be bad in the heat of the summer. But, I CANNOT imagine camping in the area while doing a class, or doing amy serious diving. The trivial expense of a bed and A/C is easily worth it.

agreed.
it's always been clean when I've been and I've had nothing but great service from the owner and his family. they've bent over backwards in the past to help.

agreed.
it's always been clean when I've been and I've had nothing but great service from the owner and his family. they've bent over backwards in the past to help.

What kind of service does one require from a motor lodge? Do they offer Indian food room service or did they clear out the family of racoons living in your room upon your arival free of charge? :D Just having fun!

What kind of service does one require from a motor lodge? Do they offer Indian food room service or did they clear out the family of racoons living in your room upon your arival free of charge? :D Just having fun!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I too am a big fan of the High Springs Country Inn. The rooms are clean; the place is well cared for; and I’ve never met a hotel owner who cared more about his customers. Sam and his family are great people. Have been going there for years, and will plan to continue doing so every time I’m in High Springs. - Kirk

The building has wide eaves in front of the rooms. They cater to divers diving in the caves, caverns, and spring runs; thus they’ve installed hooks under the soffit. I usually hang my drysuit outside on the hooks under the eaves; though bring it in at night when I go to sleep (whereas High Springs may be a small town, locals may still try to steal your gear). - Kirk

The building has wide eaves in front of the rooms. They cater to divers diving in the caves, caverns, and spring runs; thus they’ve installed hooks under the soffit. I usually hang my drysuit outside on the hooks under the eaves; though bring it in at night when I go to sleep (whereas High Springs may be a small town, locals may still try to steal your gear). - Kirk
What is a soffit?

I didn't think the High Springs Country Inn was that bad, either. It's old, definitely, but everything worked, and they are used to divers. I have heard that the nice Indian folks who run the place have been known to offer their own dryer to bedraggled, wet divers, too.

It still would not be my first choice for lodging, and I have just learned that Jim Wyatt's place has both a washer/dryer AND a gas grill, too! That will be MY first place to check when I come back to High Springs!

Being that lately I've been going to High Springs solo on a regular basis, High Springs Country Inn has been the place I choose to stay. The owners are very nice and always welcoming. They welcome and cater to divers. The rooms are clean. The location is convenient. Sure, it's not a 5-star hotel, but it fits the budget. And I haven't seen any critters in the rooms. Besides, they have free wifi! :D

I haven't stayed at Jim Wyatt's place, but I know Jim personally and I know it's a nice place. I wish he had owned that place when I was doing my cave training. I did stay at the Chateau H2O when I was doing my cave training and it was quite nice, washer/dryer, no Internet like Jim's place but I did the dial up thing, and no satellite TV like Jim's place, but we were too tired for TV anyway! I thought we stayed at the Hydro Lodge one time also, but everyone is saying they don't have a washer/dryer and the place we stayed at did. I also have to say when we sent we always stayed for at least for a week and paid the weekly rate, which was a little cheaper than the nightly rate. But that was a few years ago and it looks like rates may have gone up since then. Another option you might consider is staying in Luraville at the Dive Outpost. It's kind of like a hostel. Rooms are inexpensive. There's a community kitchen. There's free wifi in the shop/common area. There is also satellite TV in the shop and Ron is usually in there til 9 or 10pm so sitting in there watching TV is okay. They don't have a community washer/dryer, but they might be willing to let you use them. Give them a call and ask. It is about 45 minutes from High Springs, but you should be doing some of your training at Peacock anyway and it's less than 5 minutes from there. It's too bad you're not doing your training in the Marianna area. I can definitely help you out with places to stay here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom