Loch Ness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

themeatcleaver

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone ever dived in Loch Ness? I'm going to the UK in a few months and I'm looking for some input on the experience level and equipment required for such a dive. It will be in the middle of march, I'm not sure how cold it actually is over there this time of the year.

Thanks alot!

We used to dive it all the time but my buddy had some slow cheapo fins. Now I dive it solo. :wink:

Gary D.

is it generally going to be a dry suit dive or will a thick wetsuit do? or is it just too freaking cold in march? i've done 50F water in a good wetsuit, not sure what to expect. I would probably have to go solo anyways so is it generally something a relatively new diver can do on his own?

Here's how to do it:wink:;

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Marathon man's Ness triumph

Personally, I've only ever dived it in a mini-sub and the viz was a good 2-3m.

It will be cold, the problem is all the run-off from the surrounding hills but it will be manageable for a single, wetsuit dive.

Good luck!

PS Nessie traditionally makes her first appearance of the year around March/April, just in time for the [-]sucker[/-] tourist season.

hah! i'm not quite that hardcore! Though that's really impressive! I just want to be able to say i've dived loch ness and lived to tell the tale. Here in the states, it's kind of unheard of and even the rich doctors cant say they've done it yet. The whole nessie thing doesn't much bother me, I live a short ways from Lake Champlain where they've got "Champ" which is the States' equivilent i guess! Where abouts would be a good town/city to dive from? Also, if you can recommend a dive shop that i can rent some gear from that'd be great too! Since i'm flying and on a seriously truncated timetable i'd have to rent all my gear :( But anyways, this is starting to sound kind of doable so I'm working on the logistics!

Thanks!

-Adam

For something really exciting how about diving Twin Quarries near Circleville, Ohio? They say that Elvis is living on the bottom in a whacked-out flying saucer and that man-eating catfish and squids abound in it's deep waters (15 feet).

BSAC Scuba Diving Forums

You might want to ask there. It's apparently an interesting dive, but there is all sorts of potential for getting in trouble due to unique conditions in the lake.

For something really exciting how about diving Twin Quarries near Circleville, Ohio? They say that Elvis is living on the bottom in a whacked-out flying saucer and that man-eating catfish and squids abound in it's deep waters (15 feet).

Maybe in the Back Quarry, but as I know both north and south like the back of my hand, ( yes I can find the platform in the north without the line,) I have not seen it yet....

Also it is 22feet deep, not 15...

Noooooo, Elvis has set up shop in Dutch Springs Dynomite Shack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom