Location maps and coordinates thread?

To be or not to be?

• Yes, let's do it

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No, bad idea

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogxman

Contributor
Reaction score
What do you think about creating a thread where the maps and coordinates of local diving sites can be posted?
I am also a member of 4x4 club and we have a similar board. There is a sticky thread where the maps can be posted. It is extremely useful. Also it prevents repetitive questions about where to go and how to get to. Also if people decide to go together somewhere the permanent meeting spots can be mapped too.
May be we even could ask the regulators to create a sticky thread for that in this forum.
What do you think about this idea?

33° 21'N 44° 25'E

Try to avoid this site for a bit.

I think it would be a great idea frogxman. But I also agrea with trymixdiver you would have to also put down the leave required for the dive with it and maybe ad if it has currents, good or bad viz, or just describe the sight and type of diving it is. Well I'm also new to this sport so I would have to leave it to the people with a little more knowledge than I have.
Hope this helps you but I think for people that are new in the sport or just moved to the area it would be a good idea.

I agree with the comments about posting not only the location coordinates and maps but also the description, diving conditions, requirements and the level of the posted diving spots.
I am sure that with all the people on the board which I respect for their experience and knowledge we will be able to create pretty informative and exact database.
As well I think that this thread will not substitute the local books and publications about wrecks and other diving spots. There is nothing better than a good book. But there is nothing more convenient than internet.:wink:

I tend to think it's a good idea, we just need to make sure we add a good

"legal disclamer for the stupid "

:wink:

sure it is a good idea but like I said in the stickey post.

what you are proposing is a Data Base, it is not really suitable for a thread.

Database is good. You said you can do that. Go ahead. Just check on the board - there were attempts to create such a database. The problem that somebody needs to maintain and update it. If it exists on your private site there is no guarantee that this site won't disappear next year. Scubaboard is around for quite a while. Posting into the thread is easy too.

Back
Top Bottom