Fakarava December 21-25, 2023 Advice Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeannie Knierim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We have booked our flights from Houston to Papeete and are now trying to map out our island hopping trip using the Air Tahiti pass. My husband and I will be in Tikehau from December 14-21st. We will then fly to Fakarava where we will meet our kids who are flying in after us. My biggest concern is that many of the hotels are closed in December. I have found one with availability that we can book--not our top choice, but our top choice is closed. Since many of the hotels are closed will the dive operators also be closed? What about restaurants? Will they be closed to? We really wanted to stay in the North and dive a day or two in the South and a day or two in the North. Will this be possible with it being Christmas and with so many places closed?

After we leave Fakarava, we plan to fly to Rangaroa for 3 nights before heading to Moorea and then back to Papeete. I know that we will have plenty of diving on the trip, but the whole reason we are going to Fakarava is because our daughter really wants to dive the wall of sharks. I would hate to take her there only to find that there are no dive operators open.

To get the most accurate information, contacting the dive shops directly to get their holiday schedule would be your best source of info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom