Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could somebody post an update on the progress of the sewer line replacement on Melgar? Wondering if it will be finished before Carnival 2024!
Its a pipe dream for it to be finished for Carnival 2024. It was supposed to be near completion for around Oct. Its probably 15% completed.

Could somebody post an update on the progress of the sewer line replacement on Melgar? Wondering if it will be finished before Carnival 2024!
Based in their current progress, Carnival 2025 might even be a stretch! I was told they would be past Guido's by the end of August, but they haven't even started that section yet.

Based in their current progress, Carnival 2025 might even be a stretch! I was told they would be past Guido's by the end of August, but they haven't even started that section yet.
Worked out good for me because I was able to park across the ferry building everyday when I went to work in Cancun for whale sharks June to Sept. The construction was supposed to be at the ferry building around July.

The intersection of Melgar and Fernandez (Airport Blvd) is open. So much more convenient. The rest of melgar south will be a different story.

Gets buried in a seabed trench (3 to 30 ft deep) for water depths upto ~2000 ft. Water deeper than ~2000 ft it just gets put on seafloor.

Edit: changed 1800ft to ~2000ft

Cozumel channel is 18 KM wide with a depth of about 400 meters.
Are you sure about the depth? There used to be a sounding map on the wall at Capi Navegante that showed it to be much deeper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom