Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It gets to 600meters depth just South of island, but betwen PDC and San Miguel is only gets to 440 meters (~1450').

Where do the electrical supply cables enter the island?

I wonder if the get suspended across the deep channel or drop to the bottom....

I have no idea what cables they are but at the car ferry pier, there are cables extending out both sides - the south side you can actually see the cable or one of them. In the North hotel zone there is also two that seem to run side by side.

There are big yellow bouys marking them, three each area.

A prior press release for the current project for upgrading the feed from the mainland shows the latest set of lines coming onshore on the north end of the island. the completion date is projected to be by November (like the sewer line project :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:)
Suspect there is a tight timeline for getting the contracts out before the current head of CFE is replaced by the next administration. Large CFE infrastructure contracts have a history of being very lucrative to the officials of CFE.

This photo appears to show several existing sets of feed cables, in addition to the new proposed cables.
1695412787188.png

Could somebody post an update on the progress of the sewer line replacement on Melgar? Wondering if it will be finished before Carnival 2024!
Here is a link on fakebook that shows how well the work is going....not sure if the link works but it shows a non stop flow of brown water coming from the construction area and flowing into the ocean which is now no longer blue...

chocolatemilk.jpg

Here is a link on fakebook that shows how well the work is going....not sure if the link works but it shows a non stop flow of brown water coming from the construction area and flowing into the ocean which is now no longer blue...

View attachment 803242
Is that a Brown trout fish ladder? Look a new attraction!

Reactions: JFS
Anyone want to do a muck dive? I have full face masks for extra protection......might want to bring your own hazmat suit.

I didn't go down to see it, tell me it's not sewer water and that it's only dirt. I seen the video, that was a large amount of something.

The weekend of 9/24 is one of the very few times that I am glad that I will not be on Cozumel. :D

The weekend of 9/24 is one of the very few times that I am glad that I will not be on Cozumel. :D
I have been on the island for several Ironman’s, actually I would rather deal with them than some of the other triathlons. They typically use Chankanaab park for the swim so marina access is pretty easy in the AM.
Jorge Cabrera (Cubano) finished 4th in his class

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom