Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I love seeing dolphins in Cozumel, the down side is frequently there is a port closure soon after due to weather

While I love seeing dolphins in Cozumel, the down side is frequently there is a port closure soon after due to weather
Are you saying that dolphins cause bad weather?

Huh.

You learn something new every day....until now, I thought that pirates were the cause of global warming, not dolphins.

Are you saying that dolphins cause bad weather?

Huh.

You learn something new every day....until now, I thought that pirates were the cause of global warming, not dolphins.
Local lore is that the dolphins can sense weather coming and migrate south along west side. The times I have seen them in the park typically the weather did get rough the following day or so.

Local lore is that the dolphins can sense weather coming and migrate south along west side. The times I have seen them in the park typically the weather did get rough the following day or so.
This local lore is very likely true. I live in the north and we see the dolphins headed south ahead of Nortes

So you're saying that dolphins in the southern dive sites are harbingers of losing dive days? I'd happily pay the price!!! I still haven't seen them in the water (just from the boat - which is also cool). :)

So you're saying that dolphins in the southern dive sites are harbingers of losing dive days? I'd happily pay the price!!! I still haven't seen them in the water (just from the boat - which is also cool). :)
My first dive after OW was Cozumel and a whole pod came. Seeing large grey objects come towards you out of the abyss was a trip. The more experienced divers started to spin and twirl and the dolphins followed. There were 8 or so. Pretty great experience. The weather was fine for a few more days of that matters, was June.

My first dive after OW was Cozumel and a whole pod came. Seeing large grey objects come towards you out of the abyss was a trip. The more experienced divers started to spin and twirl and the dolphins followed. There were 8 or so. Pretty great experience. The weather was fine for a few more days of that matters, was June.
How wonderful for you!! Newbie luck! I'm going to keep hoping - and if it doesn't happen next trip I guess I'll have to return and hope some more. :wink:

How wonderful for you!! Newbie luck! I'm going to keep hoping - and if it doesn't happen next trip I guess I'll have to return and hope some more. :wink:
I havenā€™t seen any since while diving, certainly was lucky,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom