Question Local divers, how do you motivate yourself when the weather is crap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hardest part is taking the rig apart to add blocks to the variable v-weight for thicker undergarments...

I keep telling myself that the alternative is to be at my desk doing work or listening to commands from the wife.

We dive all year round, large seas are the only limiting factor

Well sometimes if you are not in the mood, you should not dive. In fact I think ahead and why I do it, and simply start to load car.
Then its a kind of commitment, and I think of how happy I will be afterwards, which is usually true.

In fact I do not have a dry suit yet, so of course I limit myself. Hard is, if its cold and windy outside, to change. For this I prepare with a poncho to change clothes. But I do not dive under all circumstances, because I do it for fun.

I'm wondering what other people do to motivate themselves to get in the water
Freezer is out of food & hungry. Time to suck it up and get back underwater.

Freezers-Empty.jpg

Freezer is out of food & hungry. Time to suck it up and get back underwater.

View attachment 862543
I guess some of that is on me, lol. Now go get back out there!

Fwiw, my kids still talk about how awesome that was!!

You know what kind of diving I don't like? I don't like the rain for some reason. A little bit is fine, but coming down good? I'll call it unless I drove somewhere far to get in. Having all my gear get wet, even the bits that aren't supposed to just doesn't do it for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom