Lobster poacher bagged

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me, too! There is no reason that we all should have been able to bag our limits with the fantastic dive drops we got on Tuesday! The only explanaiton could be that they were wiped out by greedy hunters taking more than their limit. There were some wonderful ledges that should have been filled with large lobster!

Me, too! There is no reason that we all should not have been able to bag our limits with the fantastic dive drops we got on Tuesday! The only explanaiton could be that they were wiped out by greedy hunters taking more than their limit. There were some wonderful ledges that should have been filled with large lobster!

Fixed that for you Mrs. Teacher :D

And let's not forget about the antennae up his arse. Hope he enjoys himself.
You owe me a new keyboard, missy! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I'd like to think they feed the needy with it after they've photographed it as evidence.
One can only hope. The photo sure made me hungry! :eyebrow:

How the heck did he catch so many, and what the heck did he planning on doing with 'em?

Sadly, you have to assume that for every SOB that is caught, there are 10 that is not!!!

Sucks.

Best Regards

Richard

I doubt the charges will stick. If all he was caught with was the tails, how can they actually prove they were shorts? Isn't the size determined by the length of the carapace?

http://www.myfwc.com/docs/RulesRegulations/MarineWorkshop_Rule_SpinyLobster.pdf#search="lobster tail"

68B-24.003 Minimum Size Limits.
(1) No person shall harvest or possess any spiny lobster with a carapace measurement of 3 inches or less or, if the tail is separated from the body, a tail measurement less than 5 1/2 inches not including any protruding muscle tissue, except as may be provided in subsection (3) of this rule.
(2) The carapace (head, body, or front section) measurement shall be determined by beginning at the anteriormost edge (front) of the groove between the horns directly above the eyes, then proceeding along the middorsal line (middle of the back) to the rear edge of the top part of the carapace, excluding any translucent membrane. The tail (segmented portion) shall be measured lengthwise along the top middorsal line (middle of the back) of the entire tail until the rearmost extremity is reached; provided, the tail measurement shall be conducted with the tail in a flat straight position with the tip of the tail closed.

2nd degree misdemeanor= A fine of up to $500 and/or up to 60 days imprisonment. Here is the kicker while it is a seperate charge for each of the critters the sentence can be consecutivley or concurrently.

More likely 30 days, probation and fines.

My theory on how to catch that many lobster, He dove commerical traps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom