Lobster poacher bagged

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how exactly did they know to nail this guy in PBC on the Turnpike?

All that is indicated on a multitude of seaches was that it was a traffic stop. I suspect he had an outstanding arrest warrant which would then give the deputies the right to search the vehicle. Orlando Eric can no doubt offer further justification for a vehicle search. I am sure the fellow was acting quite nervous and thus suspicious....

I do not know but can only theorize what happened. Traffic stop. Several Large coolers.

I am curious as to what is in your coolers?
Lobster tails.
Cool Can I see them.
Sure.
WoW that is a lot of lobter tails you get all these yourself.
Yep.
Radio. send me FWC / DEP.

FWC can do an inspection without criminal PC. They have powers to inspect for poaching but I honestly do not know their perimeters.

Most likely a consented search though.

PS- Warrant arrest no longer allow for a search "incident to arrest" though. There has to be grounds to be looking for fruits of the crime or additional contraband AFTER you have already seen some in plain sight.

I dont beleive fwc needs warrants of any kind at anytime. I have heard of them using fwc as an exuse to get into places that they could not pull a search warrant on.

wow . . . Interesting to see that many tails in one place . . .

Last place I saw that much tail was at the bar . . .

I dont beleive fwc needs warrants of any kind at anytime. I have heard of them using fwc as an exuse to get into places that they could not pull a search warrant on.

I've always heard that too Ben. I've always heard the FWC had more authority than any other branch of state level law enforcement.

I've always heard that too Ben. I've always heard the FWC had more authority than any other branch of state level law enforcement.

That's what I've heard as well. Came in handy for the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. FWC was pulled for all sorts of duties then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom