LOB in Egypt dont have enough guides?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know that you don't need an additional PCR test to enter Egypt, if you are vaccinated?
You won't need a PCR Test to get on the boat unless the RSA II wants one, ask them.
Details on entry regulation for Egypt see >>> here <<< or >>> here <<< (2nd link is Lufthansa but equaly valid and comprehensive).
For the test when leaving / flying back to the US, contact RSA and tell them you need one. They will figure that out anyway, when they see where you come from and arrange the tests in time for all.

The safari boat did not look at our PCR tests nor did the hotel. I think that they assume that the government did their job at the airport when you arrived.

we did have to forward our vaccination status, not proof to the safari boat company.

the hotel took our temperatures and the safari boat did also on a daily basis.

The best test for the return is the emed / United / abbott test. You have to buy it before you leave the us. It is like a pregnancy test. It is monitored by a technician over the internet. At the airport, they may not accept the electronic results. They will accept a printout of the electronic results. I have a complete description in the forum.

Hi rgugler. I had inquired with the Red Sea Aggressor 2 and they were the only liveaboard that mentioned a PCR test however, if you are double vaccinated, they won’t require one. You should clarify with them just in case, they are very responsive.

You know that you don't need an additional PCR test to enter Egypt, if you are vaccinated?
You won't need a PCR Test to get on the boat unless the RSA II wants one, ask them.
Details on entry regulation for Egypt see >>> here <<< or >>> here <<< (2nd link is Lufthansa but equaly valid and comprehensive).
For the test when leaving / flying back to the US, contact RSA and tell them you need one. They will figure that out anyway, when they see where you come from and arrange the tests in time for all.
According to the US Embassy for Egypt here the vaccination card needs to meet certain requirements such as a QR code, which most don't have, including the CDC one. Mine isn't the standard CDC card, it is from the county I got it done in. It does have a QR code, but it doesn't go anywhere when I scan it. Says the link was disabled when I try to follow it. I would prefer to have the test to be safe.

Planning this dive trip is what has gotten me through this fire season, so I will do pretty much anything extra needed to make sure it happens!

That should be provided on the boat. Check with them to be sure, though.
We aren't leaving directly after the boat. We are going to Luxor for a few days before heading out, so it wouldn't be valid for the return trip to the US.

Thanks for all the info, everybody!

Calling @outofofficebrb she has just returned from two LOBs and can provide some up to date info.

According to the US Embassy for Egypt here the vaccination card needs to meet certain requirements such as a QR code [...]
As also said on the IATA site.
[...] Says the link was disabled when I try to follow it.
Does not matter. There have been no reports that the QR code is machine scanned at arrival. And I can confirm that: no machine scanning, just a look at the date of the second jab on the certificate.
I would prefer to have the test to be safe.
Understandable... Would do the same.
[...] We aren't leaving directly after the boat. We are going to Luxor for a few days before heading out,
Ah... then, you can get that through your hotel in Luxor. They also are familiar with that kind of question.

Does not matter. There have been no reports that the QR code is machine scanned at arrival. And I can confirm that: no machine scanning, just a look at the date of the second jab on the certificate.
While this is true upon arrival, in our case the airline would not let you board the flight unless they were able to scan the QR code

Pretty much going through the same thing. Have been vaccinated but a mix of Pfizer and Moderna. Have a certificate with a QR code but no idea if it will be accepted in Egypt. Email to the Egyptian Embassey asking if that certificate would be acceptable was never answered. So… backup plans. Test before leaving, take the certificate and if all else fails have a day in Egypt to get a PCR test on arrival - which works in Marsa Alam, and a couple of other Red Sea destinations. Leaving from Luxor and research leads me to believe getting tested is simple and very available.

@Darnold9999 and all...
Certificates with QR code for mixed vaccinations are accepted. I know.
Embassies are usually very slow in responding and as long as you do not get the statement in writing with a letterhead of that embassy, the answer is worthless.
For direct flights to Hurghada (HRG), Marsa Alam (RMF), Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) or Taba (TCP), you won't have issues boarding: The airline will let you on board and tell you that you will have to do a test on arrival. That will then be inforced immediately after landing but you will be allowed to travel to your hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom