LOB in Egypt dont have enough guides?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing you are referring to my thread

Yes, when I saw the mention of self directed dives I wanted to make sure. I was going to do a few boat dives as a refresher before my LOB but Aggressor requires a PCR test if I do that. I also learned about the fire on the Aggressor 1 and the death of one diver. I’ll see how they respond to that.
Yes let me know how it goes. I’m researching whether there are many tourists; if there are so few divers, then staying at a resort might be worthwhile.

I can confirm that the Breakers and Orca Dive Center are open and operations are running as usual.

Do they require PCR test results to get in?
I would like to correct what I wrote before about the LOB: they don’t require a PCR for the vaccinated. But the mention of a test after arrival in Egypt made me question everything else.

Do they require PCR test results to get in?
I would like to correct what I wrote before about the LOB: they don’t require a PCR for the vaccinated. But the mention of a test after arrival in Egypt made me question everything else.
You need either proof of vaccination, have are current PCR test or, if arriving directly in HRG, RMF or SSH you can do a PCR on arrival. Option 1 and 2 are recommended:D

I think it also depends on where you are coming from. No body except the liveaboard asked us for any vaccination information last month. We did have our pcr paperwork checked on departure and on the connecting flight on the outbound leg. We both the liveaboard and the hotel took our temperature periodically.

The guide issue is suppose to be controlled by CDWS (chamber for diving and water sports). We were told that our safari company strictly adhered to those policies. However, many of the safari boats do whatever they want since no one is watching.

This thread has been super helpful! My roommate and I are headed to the Red Sea Aggressor II end of November. We are both vaccinated and will have a PCR test to enter Egypt coming from the US. We will be in Egypt for 4 days before getting on the boat. Will we need another PCR test for that? Also, what is the best way to get a test for our return to the US?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom