LiveAboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterSteve:
they have bins under the bench to store your gear in. you can leave your bag in their trailer on the dock till you get back. bring a seat cushion with you to sit on if you want to be more comfortable.

steve

Also since 2001 they installed tank racks. You just leave your BCD and Regulator on your own tank for the whole trip. Frees up alot of room in the bins in the horseshoe.

We went on our first liveaboard this year. We went to Australia on a liveaboard that went to the Coral Sea and the Great Barrier Reef. The boat was the "Diversity", a Quicksilver boat out of Port Douglas. 70ft. long, 30ft. wide. We had our own room with ensuite bathroom (my wifes prerequisite). We would go again on a liveaboard in a heart beat. The cost for the 5day4night trip was $900 US each. The first spot the liveaboard went to was over 100 miles off shore, Osprey reef. Some of the really cool stuff to be seen were flashlight fish, stone fish, many feather stars, giant grouper in the 300-400lb category. A shark feed, plenty of clown fish, dog fish tuna, and the coolest were the Minke whales. How many people have had a whale swim under you and then turn their eye up to look you over!
Now I hear New Guinea calling, maybe Star Dancer!

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

I'm also doing my first Blackbeards in March. Keep the information coming!

Any favorite dive sites to request?......any other things to remember to pack?.....

Thanks in advance; JBM

Hey JBM,

Are you going on the longweekend trip leaving 3/26 or are you going for the full week. I am going on the long weekend trip from 3/26 - 3/30. I'm just curious if we'll be on the same trip or not. Let me know, I'm going solo so I could use a good dive buddy!

Marcos:
Hey JBM,

Are you going on the longweekend trip leaving 3/26 or are you going for the full week. I am going on the long weekend trip from 3/26 - 3/30. I'm just curious if we'll be on the same trip or not. Let me know, I'm going solo so I could use a good dive buddy!

Hi Marcos....

I'm doing the full week trip March 13-19 and also stepping over to Key Largo to dive the Spiegle Grove.

Enjoy your trip!

regards; jbm

Favorite dive was a night dive. On the same sight as the shark feeding. Sharks buzzing you at night is really neat.

I've done six liveaboards, all were good to great,

Fiji Aggressor (now the Tahiti Aggressor) (double rooms, private bathrooms)
Solmar V, Socorro Islands trip, playing with the mantas, (double rooms, private bathrooms)
Dream Too, Swimming with dolphins in the Bahamas (bunks with curtains, two heads)
Trip reports http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1443
http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1444
Caribbean Explorer I - Saba, St Kitts, Statia, land tours on each island (double rooms, shared bathrooms)
Galapagos Aggressor – incredible trip (double rooms, private bathrooms)
Cuan Law, BVI, most luxurious and relaxed, other stuff to do besides diving ( big double rooms, queen sized beds, private bathrooms)

We can answer questions better if you give us a some idea what you’re looking for. What’s most important to you?
Spectacular diving?
Specific animal encounters?
Pampering and luxury?
Good beginner/intermediate diving?
Opportunities to tour or do other non diving activities?
Avoiding long rough crossings?
Low cost?

Ralph

Scuba_Signer:
My first open water trip was on the Aquacat liveaboard in the Bahamas last October.

Steve

Steve:

I would like any other details you could provide to me as I am giving serious thought to a charter on the AquaCat either late spring or next winter. I'm a video producer and lug a bit of equipment around. I've done all the Aggressors in the Carib and they are really set up nice to accommodate photographers and videographers --Preview monitors, etc. The staging area and dive platform are also very roomy, individual bins for gear. How does the AquaCat measure up in these areas. Camera prep. table? Set up to view video and photos? Battery charging stations? Anything you can tell me would be very appreciated.

Barracuda2

I have been leaning to the Peter Hughs, just because they sound so nice. And now I have found this, which I realize is old news! but, I'm always slow.... sigh....

Any thoughts on this...?

http://www.cdnn.info/article/wave_dancer/wave_dancer.html

I have dove on several of Peters boats. I knew one of the crew that was lost and I am friends with several of the Peter Hughes folks. We will go on any of Peter's boats. We were and are very sorry for the loss caused by the Wave Dancer. I can't even imagine how terrible that must have been. Ihave several "T; shirts from the Wave Dancer and feel bad anytime I pull one out. I don't wear them much anymore, it just feels weird. I spent numerous evenings talking to the girls on the boat. My wife and i used to tease Eloise and her sister about adopting them. But that boat was an accident, I don;t know whsoe fault it was if anybody's but nobody thought thatwas goingto happen. Peter Hughes boats have been some of our best trips. Dive Safe-Dive Alot-M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom