LiveAboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver:
Yep, I know that one of the SeaFever crew used to be on the Morning Star. That's how I knew it was a Morning Star crew member who mooned. Still not my idea of a professional operation.

There is really nothing wrong with a "camping trip" atmosphere. If that is what you want. Like I said; different boats for different crowds. Just be sure you are getting on a boat that matches your expectations.

The LiveAboard trips I've been on all had divers from different countries. I like that. Even with language barriers we were able to dive safely with each other and have a good time. On the other hand just because the diver is from the US is no guarantee you will be compatible or be able to dive safely with that person.

Yea, I was on the Morning Star. Not one crew member mooned anybody. Nor did they act unprofessional in any way.

You're taking hearsay to base your assumptions on. Not really the best way. Think they guy on Sea Fever wants to loose prospective passengers? Don't think so. Would he maybe lie so you wouldn't want to try a Blackbeards. Good chance. I was asking alot of questions about the crew, Operations, how things got done, there contracts...Etc,etc, etc. Because I was in the process of buying a 62ft liveaboard myself. Fell through though. And your assumptions that they are unprofessional from Hearsay. Are WAY OFF. If you had seen it. That's different. But your taking somebody else's word.

And your right. Different boats for Different crowds. They have a beer tap onboard. I think one person on board had one beer. That's it. I drank on shore leave. That's about the only place anybody drank any alcohol. How many people on your Sea Fever were drinking?

chrpai:
Yes every mooning I've witnessed has been by the passengers.
How often do you get mooned on these trips?

Considering there are 3 boats, I'd say generally its been my experience that you moon twice and get mooned twice. One of my trips was a weekend gettaway where two of the boats were in dry dock so it didn't happen then. Pretty much imagine about 10-12 guys lined up on one side of the deck giving the outbord smiley to the other boat.

chrpai:
Considering there are 3 boats, I'd say generally its been my experience that you moon twice and get mooned twice. One of my trips was a weekend gettaway where two of the boats were in dry dock so it didn't happen then. Pretty much imagine about 10-12 guys lined up on one side of the deck giving the outbord smiley to the other boat.
Wow, what a class act they run down there... :54:

i can honestly say the only time i went out with Blackbeards that one of the three boats did moon the other two and most of us enjoyed being mooned. the boat doing the mooning was a group of divers that all knew each other and came together and all the women on the boat were using markers or lipstick to paint smiley faces on their "moons". as far as we could tell, only the women were mooning, it was cute.

steve

Wow some people really know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Hey it sounds like they were having a good time mooning each other or whatever else was going on out there. Big deal, this isn't dinner at the Ritz Carlton - it's a scuba diving trip in the middle of the ocean. If you are that much of a snoot that this offends you stay home! I'll be sure to moon the other boats when I go on my trip in March. Cheers!

Exactly, SO WHAT!

I can't believe how snobish some of the clowns around here can be. You're on vacation, lighten up and have fun! Stop acting like your 100 years old.

Jeesh, I guess I shouldn't tell anyone about a certain resort in Jamaica that I enjoy visiting.

Marcos:
If you are that much of a snoot that this offends you stay home!

I don't find it offensive. I just think is strange that this one of the main things everyone is talking about with these charters.

Your just out of your mind. The only reason everyone kept talking about it is because you asked how often it occurred. If your not offended by it, then you were obviously trolling when you said "Wow, what a class act they run down there... "

chrpai:
Exactly, SO WHAT!

I can't believe how snobish some of the clowns around here can be. You're on vacation, lighten up and have fun! Stop acting like your 100 years old.

Jeesh, I guess I shouldn't tell anyone about a certain resort in Jamaica that I enjoy visiting.

I'm with you chrpai! I am going on vacation, and plan to have a great time diving for a week in the middle of winter. Few things could be better! I have plenty of chances to be serious at my job. Vacations are my break from that stuff. :slick:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom