LiveAboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to the subject at hand. I want to hear more about liveaboards.

PS: I just know now to keep my camera handy when encountering other boats. :wink:

chrpai:
Your just out of your mind. The only reason everyone kept talking about it is because you asked how often it occurred. If your not offended by it, then you were obviously trolling when you said "Wow, what a class act they run down there... "
I should know better then to reply and I aplogize for airing dirty laundry in public but...

Let me see if I've got everything straight. I stumble across a thread about liveaboards. Someone mentions that different operators have different personalities and gives and example of being mooned on one. You reply suggesting that it's common on that particular charter. I ask if this is true. However, since I'm a late comer to the thread your post and my question are now seperated by a half dozen or so messages. However the topic of mooning has continued in a few of those interviening messages including the one immediately preceding mine. You answer saying that it is, in your experience, very common. I then express my opinion that I don't think this is a particularly good thing to be known for. You follow this with name calling and suggest that the only reason you guys continued to talk about it was because I asked. Does this sound like a fair synopsis?

The ironic thing is, Chris, that most of this is relevant to the topic. Someone asked for general recommendations and I think knowing about common occurances on different boats would be pertinent -- especially if someone might not appericate or approve of those practices. Whether you agree or can even appericate why someone might fine this behavior objectionable is irrelevant. The idea here is to share information and some interesting tidbits about Blackbeards where shared so I looks like everything is on track.

You're free to think whatever you want about my take on Blackbeard's. I have no problem if you do not agree with an opinion which is offered. My problem is solely with the manner in which you do so.

Marcos:
I've heard good things about Blackbeard's cruise and I have a good idea of what to bring and what not to. Any pointers/advice for a 1st timer?

be sure and bring a cushion to sit on, that was something we wished we would have had being the only places to sit on deck is hard and when you start bouncing around it hurts the backside. :)

steve

Cornfed, just stop trolling, period. I'm not going to entertain your 6 paragraph responses anymore. I said how I feel about it, and several people have agreed.

dear amy,
so far i've been on 5 liveaboards.
this past oct i went on this vessel in the maldives.
http://www.sultansoftheseas.it/en/infoSMadivaru.php
check her out.
she has 6 cabins each with private bath.
there were 2 couples on their honeymoon.
there was plenty of private time.
the food and diving were great.
this summer i was thinking on going to tobago on the wind dancer.
have you heard anything about her?
best regards,
smokey

SMOKEY:
dear amy,
so far i've been on 5 liveaboards.
this past oct i went on this vessel in the maldives.
smokey

Smokey,

About how much did the Maldives cost? I tried looking at the rates online but it kept displaying them in foreign currency.

Hi smokey,

Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly check it out. don't know anything about wind dancer from personal experience, but the web site sure looks good, huh. :)

What were the levels of the divers on the sultan? I know we have two years to build up a good log of dives, but I am easily intimidated. :)

Thanks

for me the cost of the boat was reasonable, they have 3 vessels each with different rates.
it was the cost of the plane ticket that made me dig deep into my pockets.
the total cost of the 2 week trip for me was about $4500.
however, considering that the diving for me was fabulos,was gone 2 weeks and was on the equator on the other side of the planet turned out to be a fair trade.
do not let your level of diving be a factor.
the dm was great and catered to all of the guest.
this was one of my best diving trips to date.

Hi I'm going on a Blackbeards trip for my first time and I'm wondering where your dive gear gets stowed on the boat. Do they have foot lockers or bins under the benches? I'm wondering if I'll need my gear bag or not or if I can just empty all my gear from my hardcase into a storage bin on board. When I dive in the Atlantic I bring all my gear in a plastic bin, but I'm not going to fly with that to Miami. I appreciate your advice.

Marcos:
Hi I'm going on a Blackbeards trip for my first time and I'm wondering where your dive gear gets stowed on the boat. Do they have foot lockers or bins under the benches? I'm wondering if I'll need my gear bag or not or if I can just empty all my gear from my hardcase into a storage bin on board. When I dive in the Atlantic I bring all my gear in a plastic bin, but I'm not going to fly with that to Miami. I appreciate your advice.

they have bins under the bench to store your gear in. you can leave your bag in their trailer on the dock till you get back. bring a seat cushion with you to sit on if you want to be more comfortable.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom